By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - TLOU:R isn't worth it

Burek said:

Well, just to defend the haters a bit, I'm sure many Sony fans would make hundreds of hate threads if Microsoft decided to port any of their critically acclaimed 2013 X360 exclusives over to XOne this year.

...well they don't really have any in 2013. Their newest critically acclaimed 360 exclusive is Halo 4 and funnily enough, that is being remastered for X1 as well.

Around the Network
MikeRox said:
generic-user-1 said:
gta V isnt a remake... its a multiplat game. or is watchdogs for wii u a remake 2?

So it TLOU and Tomb Raider etc. As were the games like Tomb Raider Legend, Burnout Revenge and Hitman etc on Xbox 360 in it's first 12 months.

The only thing is, the "next gen" versions have been announced later and have improved visual fidelity.

I really don't see what the fuss is all about. GTAV was announced only for PS3 and 360 too. Like with TLOU and previously with Tomb Raider, I welcome a next gen release.

People wrongly assume that since games like TLOU sold 5M+ or so that everyone has played it.

There are over 160M PS360s in the wild, lol. Not even factoring in people who only had a Wii. With this style of argument it makes even less sense for a GTA V remaster since over 30M played it. If people want to go this route of argument then GTAV should be at the forefront.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
Burek said:

Well, just to defend the haters a bit, I'm sure many Sony fans would make hundreds of hate threads if Microsoft decided to port any of their critically acclaimed 2013 X360 exclusives over to XOne this year.

Halo 4 is being ported over, as part of the MCC.

Halo 4 was not released in 2013. Two years is long enough for a remaster, 100% longer than in this case.

DerNebel said:
Burek said:

...well they don't really have any in 2013. Their newest critically acclaimed 360 exclusive is Halo 4 and funnily enough, that is being remasters for X1 as well.

;)

Burek said:
Euphoria14 said:
Burek said:

Halo 4 is being ported over, as part of the MCC.

Halo 4 was not released in 2013. Two years is long enough for a remaster, 100% longer than in this case.

You're right, it is a 2012 title. Only getting a fps bump though from what I see, nothing in terms of redoing textures like they did in TLOUR.

So the argument from the haters now is that 1-1/2 years it too short but 2 years is fine?

I will continue to see no big deal in any of these ports or remasters as not everyone has played these titles.

I think people need to stop whining about stupid stuff like this.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
MikeRox said:
generic-user-1 said:
gta V isnt a remake... its a multiplat game. or is watchdogs for wii u a remake 2?

So it TLOU and Tomb Raider etc. As were the games like Tomb Raider Legend, Burnout Revenge and Hitman etc on Xbox 360 in it's first 12 months.

The only thing is, the "next gen" versions have been announced later and have improved visual fidelity.

I really don't see what the fuss is all about. GTAV was announced only for PS3 and 360 too. Like with TLOU and previously with Tomb Raider, I welcome a next gen release.

everyone had known that there will be a PC version. and a nextgen version was a no brainer 2. why should they work on the pc version and dont sell a downgrad port on ps4 and xbone? 

Worth it for people who didn't play it in ps3 and not worth it for who already play it

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Burek said:

Any amount of time is enough for a remaster, as long as it has its benefits provided from superior hardware. TLOU could have been released in 2007, doesn't matter to me, it was running on PS3 no matter the date. PS3 = PS3, PS4 = PS4. 360 =360, XB1 = XB1. 2007 or 2013, same thing as long as it's the same original hardware.

Burek said:
DerNebel said:
Burek said:

...well they don't really have any in 2013. Their newest critically acclaimed 360 exclusive is Halo 4 and funnily enough, that is being remasters for X1 as well.

;)

It really is kind of an "apples/oranges" situation though.  The re-release of Halo 4 comes packed with re-releases of three other Halo games (including a completely redone version of Halo 2).  Not quite the same.  I'm just saying.  If TLoU were part of "The Naughty Dog Collection" with Uncharted 1-3 and a PS4 version of Jak 2, I doubt anybody would say a thing.

I personally don't think it's worth it. But that's because I just bought the PS3 version. If I didn't, I'd be all over the remaster. Unless they give some lower upgrade price for current owners (which looks to be less and less likely with every passing day), I will pass on this one.