By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - TLOU:R isn't worth it

A203D said:
I thought it was obvious this re-release is aimed at those who didn't play the original version of the game. Theres 8 mil PS4 users, theres bound to be a lot of users who didn't get the game on PS3, or who didn't have a PS3, so from my view its reasonable for those gamers to be the primary audience for this re-release.

This. I'm sorry but any other way of looking at it is hopelessly moronic. Why this thread has 9 pages already is mind boggling. I'm only dropping in for this one post to affirm your quite obviously perfect observation, let derps derp I suppose.

Around the Network
Burek said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

There was no reason to skip PS3. No one (or at least no reasonable person) would have complained if Sony let people know that a PS4 version was in development.

Just like Rockstar trumpeted the next-gen version all over the media? I was under a strange impression that they actually denied it until the last moment.

I haven't done a lot of research about GTA V, but I don't find it hard to imagine that Rockstar also are dishonest.

Burek said:

Well, just to defend the haters a bit, I'm sure many Sony fans would make hundreds of hate threads if Microsoft decided to port any of their critically acclaimed 2013 X360 exclusives over to XOne this year.

name those games.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Raziel123 said:
DonFerrari said:

But have you bought it on PS3 or would you buy it in PS4 if it wasn't 60 fps (consider in this case that the PS3 version never existed)?

I have it on PS3. If it were 30fps on PS4, i'd wait until a price drop to get it again. At 60fps, i'm getting it day one.

I asked if the PS3 version never came out and it was on PS4 for the first time on 30 fps... but I understand you would buy, just wouldn't double dip on 30 fps... 

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Burek said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Cross-generation releases are not uncommon. It makes perfect sense for a third party developer to release a title on as many platforms as possible so that their titles can reach the biggest possible audience. But Sony is not a third party developer.

When The Last of Us was marketed as a Playstation 3 exclusive title, people took their word for it. Having the game announced for another platform capable of superior textures, frame-rate and video resolution less than one year after release was not expected by anyone.

Sony started working on the remake immediately after the original was completed, meaning that they deliberately made people buy the inferior version without letting people know that there was a better version in development. All in a successful attempt to make the game sell more copies than it otherwise would have, had they been honest.

Also, fuck GOTY editions.

So basically a lose-lose situation, because the same people complaing now would have complained that Sony purposely skipped releasing TLOU on PS3 to screw over 80M users and force a new piece of hardware onto them, all in a cash grab attempt at selling more PS4 consoles...

Sony obviously should have pulled a Twilight Princess or a Titanfall.  Then, everybody wins....except for people that bought the new hardware only to find that a pretty capable version was available on hardware they already....

You know what?  There really is no way to win. 

Around the Network
kupomogli said:
Euphoria14 said:

Tomb Raider and GTA V already got a free pass. Yeah, TR & GTA V got graphical & fps bump in it's defense...

... but so does TLOUR.

We haven't seen anything from The Last of Us to show whether it's got anything but a resolution boost and fps bump.  GTA on the other hand has resolution boost, framerate atleast to 30fps, better textures, more species, more people on the streets, and more traffic.  Tomb Raider never got a free pass.   

It's not the fact that The Last of Us is a GotY edition.  If it was on the PS3 with all the extra content I as well as most people bitching about it would have no issue.  Like Tomb Raider before it and the many other ports the PS4 has gotten from titles that are only a year or two old, the PS4 and Xbox One are nothing but ports.  Microsoft though is atleast doing something for their fanbase by getting exclusive titles on the console.  You can use the argument that a lot of people who owned a PS3 haven't played The Last of Us or a lot of people who have a PS4 came from the 360, but what about all the people who do still have their  PS3 or did play The Last of Us.  What about those people who want to see new games and not port after port of older games on their console.  Even if the games are cross gen it's better than a year old port. 

The point is and something Sony had to even publicly defend themselves against which just proves how loud the gaming community has been complaining about this, is the PS4 has got shit worth of games.  A lot of people want to see retail exclusives and the PS4 only has four exclusives from launch until 2015 that you can only play on the PS4.  That's the biggest problem.  If The Last of Us was ported later in the console life when the PS4 actually has a large number exclusives, most people wouldn't care.  It'd only be people hating on the system at that time and using that as fuel.  Just because I'm bashing the PS4 doesn't mean I'm some fanboy who doesn't want to see the console succeed.  Unlike most Sony fanboys who are being so apologetic towards the system, I want to see the system succeed and am tired of Sony's bullshit and lack of management.  The anger doesn't come from just the PS4 though.  It comes from the PS4s pathetic line up and the fact that I'm also a day one Vita owner, a fanbase which Sony constantly shits all over.  Sony's attitude is very complacent and it's a shame all the other Sony fanboys don't see this.  The whole we don't need to do anything for our fans in order to get the sales we deserve.  Are they making exclusives?  Yes.  Will there be exclusives next year?  Yes.  Will the PS4 more than likely have more exclusives in the eight gen than any other console?  Yes.  But Sony isn't trying as hard as either of their competitiors and  their fans that are looking into playing more games that they have yet to play are suffering for it.  Microsoft has more than Sony by a small margin, but Nintendo during their first full year on the market had over 10 retail games exclusive to the Wii U whether they were paid for or Nintendo developed.  I like Sony more than Nintendo, but Nintendo deserves all the sales Sony is getting because they're actually trying to give the fans what they want.

You act as if the X1 has soooooo many exclusives (it has yet had only 2, even less than PS4) or Wii U had soooooooo many exclusives 8 months after release (guess what, it only had 4 too).

Besides, not trying to offend Wii U fans here, but it has tons more multiplatform games already, and multiplatform games are also games you can play. Nobody is restricting you to first-party games.

However as a fellow Vita owner I do agree with your point about Vita's lineup. But I've already accepted that and I have forgiven Sony considering there financial condition. 

I think it deserves all the outrage. Remember all the outrage when Titanfall re-released on X360 only a MONTH after it was released on X1? Shameless money grabbing I tell you. It was even released for the same price even though it was the inferior version of a month old game.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

kupomogli said:
Euphoria14 said:

Tomb Raider and GTA V already got a free pass. Yeah, TR & GTA V got graphical & fps bump in it's defense...

... but so does TLOUR.

We haven't seen anything from The Last of Us to show whether it's got anything but a resolution boost and fps bump.  GTA on the other hand has resolution boost, framerate atleast to 30fps, better textures, more species, more people on the streets, and more traffic.  Tomb Raider never got a free pass.   

It's not the fact that The Last of Us is a GotY edition.  If it was on the PS3 with all the extra content I as well as most people bitching about it would have no issue.  Like Tomb Raider before it and the many other ports the PS4 has gotten from titles that are only a year or two old, the PS4 and Xbox One are nothing but ports.  Microsoft though is atleast doing something for their fanbase by getting exclusive titles on the console.  You can use the argument that a lot of people who owned a PS3 haven't played The Last of Us or a lot of people who have a PS4 came from the 360, but what about all the people who do still have their  PS3 or did play The Last of Us.  What about those people who want to see new games and not port after port of older games on their console.  Even if the games are cross gen it's better than a year old port. 

The point is and something Sony had to even publicly defend themselves against which just proves how loud the gaming community has been complaining about this, is the PS4 has got shit worth of games.  A lot of people want to see retail exclusives and the PS4 only has four exclusives from launch until 2015 that you can only play on the PS4.  That's the biggest problem.  If The Last of Us was ported later in the console life when the PS4 actually has a large number exclusives, most people wouldn't care.  It'd only be people hating on the system at that time and using that as fuel.  Just because I'm bashing the PS4 doesn't mean I'm some fanboy who doesn't want to see the console succeed.  Unlike most Sony fanboys who are being so apologetic towards the system, I want to see the system succeed and am tired of Sony's bullshit and lack of management.  The anger doesn't come from just the PS4 though.  It comes from the PS4s pathetic line up and the fact that I'm also a day one Vita owner, a fanbase which Sony constantly shits all over.  Sony's attitude is very complacent and it's a shame all the other Sony fanboys don't see this.  The whole we don't need to do anything for our fans in order to get the sales we deserve attitude is bullshit.  Are they making exclusives?  Yes.  Will there be exclusives next year?  Yes.  Will the PS4 more than likely have more exclusives in the eight gen than any other console?  Yes.  But Sony isn't trying as hard as either of their competitiors and  their fans that are looking into playing more games that they have yet to play are suffering for it.  Microsoft has more than Sony by a small margin, but Nintendo during their first full year on the market had over 10 retail games exclusive to the Wii U whether they were paid for or Nintendo developed.  I like Sony more than Nintendo, but Nintendo deserves all the sales Sony is getting because they're actually trying to give the fans what they want.

So what you are saying is that you aren't sure of what TLOUR added?

Enhanced native resolution from 720p to 1080p, enhanced fps from 30 to 60. Enhanced shadows, enhanced lighting engine, enhanced textures, enhanced character models, added dualshock 4 functionality and all TLOU DLC.

All for less than the price of your usual GoTY edition, GTAV remaster and less than Tomb Raider Definitive Edition.

And a PS3 edition with all the added content? You mean the DLC right, because a PS3 version would getting any of the other things I mentioned.

Also, what about the people who already own it on PS3? I own it. You don't see me whining. I already got to play it, plus if I chose to, I already got the season pass for $20 and have all the DLC.

This in no way effects people who already own the title. It is for PS4 owners who did not buy it on PS3 and/or never had a PS3 in which to purchase it on.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:

So what you are saying is that you aren't sure of what TLOUR added?

Enhanced native resolution from 720p to 1080p, enhanced fps from 30 to 60. Enhanced shadows, enhanced lighting engine, enhanced textures, enhanced character models, added dualshock 4 functionality and all TLOU DLC.

All for less than the price of your usual GoTY edition, GTAV remaster and less than Tomb Raider Definitive Edition.

And a PS3 edition with all the added content? You mean the DLC right, because a PS3 version would getting any of the other things I mentioned.

I know what it added.  Nice to see you completely ignore the rest of the post and cherry pick just a bit out.  So many blind apologetic fanboys around here. 

But yeah.  I'd rather have a PS3 version with the DLC while receiving more exclusives on the PS4.  I guess it's wrong for people to want to actually play new games on their $400 and $250 consoles.  Why play new games when you can play ports of older games.

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

DonFerrari said:
Burek said:

Well, just to defend the haters a bit, I'm sure many Sony fans would make hundreds of hate threads if Microsoft decided to port any of their critically acclaimed 2013 X360 exclusives over to XOne this year.

name those games.

Here's the list:

-