By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii's Peak>PS4's peak

No worries, I bet the PS4's longer legs will compensate that!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

2015 ill pass wiis best year, its line up is strong enough and competition weak nuff.

After it's 5 year life cycle, its subsequent holiday was below that of launch.
It doesn't need to track with the Wii to surpass it if its expected life span will be twice as long. It doesn't need to hit 10 mil a year is good enough to hit 100 million, this year will easily be 11 million, next year will probably be 10 million, but I can't see subsequent years hitting 10 mil consistently.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

BeElite said:

2015 ill pass wiis best year, its line up is strong enough and competition weak nuff.

Highly doubt that the PS4 will ever sell as much in a year as the Wii did at its height, fortunately I also doubt that the PS4 is going to drop dead after 5 years like the Wii did. So it just needs generally higher sales than the PS3 and a longer life than the Wii to top the 100mil. Both things are very possible.

kowenicki said:
BeElite said:

Approx 25m PS4's in 2015? 

Quoted for future fun and games.

Guess what the highest ever PS2 shipment was for a year...

And why should i care ? PS2 was a long term burner.  PS4 set records.  

Given how weak its direct competitor is and the other near irrleevent, yes.  

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
BeElite said:

Want me to find some old Wii U quotes of yours?

BeElite said:
kowenicki said:
BeElite said:

To get a 100 mill, PS4 needs at least 10 mil a year, 5 mil holidays, and 5 mil rest of the year. Furthermore, I think it would have to either become more mainstream, as no console, handheld or home, has hit 100 mil without becoming some kind of mainstream, or it would have to annihilate the competition. I'm talking 80+% marketshare here.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

kowenicki said:
DerNebel said:

Want me to find some old Wii U quotes of yours?

Sure.  Nobody predicted that debacle.

So you also think the PS4 will sell 25m in one year. 

I'll add you to my mental list.

Nope, I don't, look at what said to him. I just find it annoying when someone quotes a post just to basically tell the person "lol, I'm quoting you so I can laugh at you for this in the future."

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

To get a 100 mill, PS4 needs at least 10 mil a year, 5 mil holidays, and 5 mil rest of the year. Furthermore, I think it would have to either become more mainstream, as no console, handheld or home, has hit 100 mil without becoming some kind of mainstream, or it would have to annihilate the competition. I'm talking 80+% marketshare here.

PS4 is mainstream, and its already on its way to "annihilate the competition" things wont get any better for x1 or U as PSs big isp start dropping.

kowenicki said:
BeElite said:
kowenicki said:
BeElite said:

PS2 was a long burner?  lmao.

PS2 had its max at 22.52m in one year (the PS4 equivalent year will be 2015) 

The PS4 wont sell 23m next year let alone 25m.

wtf you call its long  life span and selling 50m after the next gen came out.

its the defenition of long burner, lmao you.