By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS Vita no longer available at major retailers!

PS Vita no longer available at major retailers!

posted by Steve Hannley on 02 Jul 2014
Not only was the PS Vita almost completely absent from Sony’s E3 showing, but now seems to be absent from major U.S. retailers as well. All of the Vita models and packages — even the recently released Borderlands 2 bundle that included the new model — are no longer available directly from Amazon, GameStop, Walmart or Target. Physical stores also seem to be out of the handheld, as searches for stock and calls to local outlets came up with zero results.

GameStop has a Borderlands bundle with an accessory and PS Plus voucher for pre-order, but it won’t be in stock until August.

At the moment, it’s unclear why stocks have diminished across the board; whether retailers are choosing to no longer stock the retails, have sold out, or if Sony has not been replenshing stocks. We’ve reached out to Sony for comment and will update the article with any applicable information.
Taken from N4G. Source: http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2014/07/02/ps-vita-no-longer-available-at-major-retailers/92408/

Not only was the PS Vita almost completely absent from Sony’s E3 showing, but now seems to be absent from major U.S. retailers as well. All of the Vita models and packages — even the recently released Borderlands 2 bundle that included the new model — are no longer available directly from Amazon, GameStop, Walmart or Target. Physical stores also seem to be out of the handheld, as searches for stock and calls to local outlets came up with zero results.

GameStop has a Borderlands bundle with an accessory and PS Plus voucher for pre-order, but it won’t be in stock until August.

At the moment, it’s unclear why stocks have diminished across the board; whether retailers are choosing to no longer stock the retails, have sold out, or if Sony has not been replenshing stocks. We’ve reached out to Sony for comment and will update the article with any applicable information.

- See more at: http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2014/07/02/ps-vita-no-longer-available-at-major-retailers/92408/#sthash.BTPhiG3Q.dpuf
Posted by Steve Hannley on 02 Jul 2014

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

Huh?
That's pretty wierd.

Oh who am I kidding, What the fuck is going on?

Wait what? I seen vita's at my store (GS)

That's a RIP sentence if i've ever seen one.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Interesting... I havn't really checked for the vita specifically but if this is true... Then Lolz at Sony

Maybe they are doing a ps4 bundle with the vita or just going to promote the vita tv and discontinue the vita in the west although I do feel that discontinuing the vita is a really bad move if they are thinking to do it but I doubt they are though

But oh well... If something doesn't sell, this happens so I wouldn't doubt it

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

I could see ordering less stock, but just stop selling it altogether is BS imo...

I'll wait till our official insider spurgeonryan informs us of the situation inside Walmart. Only then will I be positive about what's going on.

So that's why they didn't release FF Type-0 HD. They're not selling Vita anymore. They're probably going to just sell Playstation TV as a Vita replacement.

So the Vita portables will be rare.  Rare with no games.

NintendoPie said:

I'll wait till our official insider spurgeonryan informs us of the situation inside Walmart. Only then will I be positive about what's going on.

Oh you.

I just hope that people don't overeact until more information is given because there have been several retailers that dropped the Wii U at some point.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Hmm. They are out of stock online. Slow shipments?