By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Thoughts on Sonic Boom

It could be good we will just have to wait and see

Around the Network

I'll go the easy route and say that the game will honour its name: it will boomb hard.

For those of us that liked Sonic, it's a shame to see what SEGA has done with it.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

They used skrillex in the reveal trailer.

A franchise doesn't get more dead than that.

They should make an ambitious 2D 4 player Sonic that has identical mechanics to the old games, and new content. No fucking homing attack, bring back the insta-shield. That's the only thing that can save Sonic now.

I LOVE ICELAND!

KungKras said:
They used skrillex in the reveal trailer.

A franchise doesn't get more dead than that.

They should make an ambitious 2D 4 player Sonic that has identical mechanics to the old games, and new content. No fucking homing attack, bring back the insta-shield. That's the only thing that can save Sonic now.

The next Sonic game needs to be like Sonic 3 & Knuckles, but with HD graphics of course!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

My first impression was mixed as well. I'll keep an eye at it though, the concept looks interesting.

Lyrics: He He He He Ha Ha Ha!                                                                  

Around the Network

Looked interesting until I saw his legs

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Will probably end up being worth paying $20 for -- especially considered we are starved for quality open world platformers.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

I don't like what I've seen so far and I hate games when characters talk while I'm playing

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

All I can say is one word...

MEH.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Looks like hot shit to be honest.