By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I was wrong: Wii U will sell < GC

WiiU has some cool games to release, it will be fine.

Hey don't click here ! It's creepy !!

I want a PlayStation All-Stars Sequel ! Come on Sony, stop making too many shooters !

I'll make a better signature when I'll have time to do it...  

Around the Network

we'll get a better picture after the holidays.

[im moving the goal post, i know ;)]

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

Michael-5 said:

Maybe.....

If the Mario Kart 8 bundle gets restocked (sold out everywhere), I can see WiiU sales sky-rocket.

If the Mario Kart 8 bundle was a limited edition bundle, then WiiU will struggle to top Gamecube.

----

Either way I still think WiiU > GCN in terms of sales, console lifetimes are longer now, WiiU will be around more then 5 years (like Gamecube).

I don't think Wii U will have a long life though. By the way Iwata talks, it seems they already have a plan for the next Console and they just have to make sure existing owners are happy. By the end of 2015, we will have Mario Kart, Smash Bros, 2D Mario, 3D Mario, Zelda, Yoshi, Kirby, Splatoon, Fire Emblem (?), X, Donkey Kong, Wario, Pikmin, Toad, Mario Party, Mario Maker, and possibly Star Fox. What's missing other than Animal Crossing, and Paper Mario?

Even if it has a normal 5 year life, it won't be supported much in 2017 just like GC in 2006. It has 2 1/2 more years of decent support I'd imagine.

*Sound Of Rain said:
Michael-5 said:

Maybe.....

If the Mario Kart 8 bundle gets restocked (sold out everywhere), I can see WiiU sales sky-rocket.

If the Mario Kart 8 bundle was a limited edition bundle, then WiiU will struggle to top Gamecube.

----

Either way I still think WiiU > GCN in terms of sales, console lifetimes are longer now, WiiU will be around more then 5 years (like Gamecube).

I don't think Wii U will have a long life though. By the way Iwata talks, it seems they already have a plan for the next Console and they just have to make sure existing owners are happy. By the end of 2015, we will have Mario Kart, Smash Bros, 2D Mario, 3D Mario, Zelda, Yoshi, Kirby, Splatoon, Fire Emblem (?), X, Donkey Kong, Wario, Pikmin, Toad, Mario Party, Mario Maker, and possibly Star Fox. What's missing other than Animal Crossing, and Paper Mario?

Even if it has a normal 5 year life, it won't be supported much in 2017 just like GC in 2006. It has 2 1/2 more years of decent support I'd imagine.

Every console has a long life now. When DS came out did anyone think it would still be getting new games 9 years later?? Not crap new games, it was Pokemon Black/White 2.....

I don't see stuff like Starfox releasing in 2015, they didn't even show gameplay. Usually Nintendo releases their main games 2 years after a debut (e.g. XenoBlade, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, etc).

If Nintendo replaced the WiiU in 2018 or something, that would put Nintendo in Sega Dreamcasts position, releasing between gens. That could be very bad, I don't see it happening. Like Gamecube, Nintendo will push through, even with just weak sales. Nintendo doesn't adandone their consoles (and WiiU isn't doing that bad after Mario Kart).

The way I see it, WiiU will last as long as Wii did. 2014 is just 2007 with Mario Kart and Smash Bros. Wii still saw new games in 2012, so I see WiiU having a good 7-8 year lifespan total.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:

Maybe.....

----

The MK8 bundle has been discontinued. 

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
Michael-5 said:

Maybe.....

----

The MK8 bundle has been discontinued. 

Still hope for a Mario Kart 8 or a Wii Sports Club holiday bundle.......so glad I got my bundle 2 weeks ago, had to search the city, but I found one!

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

AnthonyW86 said:

It's pretty sad really, Wii-U should have been Wii HD and have launched one or two years earlier for $250 without the gamepad. Then the gamepad could have been launched later on with one or two killer apps(Mario maker?).

Replace all that with (launched in 2012 without the gamepad and a new Wii Sports) and WiiU would have likely done amazing.

Smear-Gel said:
phaedruss said:
Smear-Gel said:
Max King of the Wild said:
Aerys said:
Yes and no.

Wii U will sell less than GC in the same time, but since Wii U could have a longer life, it could sell more

Why would nintendo stick with a product longer then they stuck with a product that was selling better? Wii U won't make it past 2017.

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/06/21/nintendo-of-america-president-wii-u-has-a-very-long-life-ahea/

How long is a "very long life"?

To Ohmylanta: I meant 3 more years and that's being optimistic because I think they'll have a new console out by the end of 2016.

A long life is definitely not 2012 to 2016, at the very least.

That's true, but I doubt it will be more than 5. Anyways, the whole long life thing is pure PR.

SirFortesque said:
WiiU has some cool games to release, it will be fine.

Oh, only if "some cool games" were enough to keep the WiiU alive.... :/

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I think its great that at least one of the nintendo fans here admits that he was a blind fanboy. Hope that more of them will come out now and confess :)