By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - X does not equal 1

Tagged games:

do you think my subliminal messaging is working?

Yes 8 16.33%

No 5 10.20%

What? 10 20.41%

ktay95 you are a moron 26 53.06%

Total:49
Richard_Feynman said:
Damagon said:
ktay95 said:

The PSX, also known as the PlayStation X, is a Sony digital video recorder with a fully integrated PlayStation 2 video game console. It was released in Japan on December 13, 2003. Since it was designed to be a general-purpose consumer video device, it was marketed by the main Sony Corporation instead ofSony Computer Entertainment. Its high cost resulted in poor sales,[2] meaning that the PSX was never released outside Japan.

See, PSX is not the same as the PS1 so stop abbreviating the PlayStation to PSX 🐬

Uh history lesson fail.

The PlayStation (og) = PSX was true way before that white monstrosity was created.

As pointed out, PSX was actually the  codename for the redesigned PlayStation (og) until it was given the official "PSOne" name. 

This.

It pisses me off when people get SO pissed off at people saying PSX.

SO WHAT. Get over it. 

More importantly, there's actually a good reason for it. If you had a PSX back in 97 like me then you'd know that it was referred to as PSX even in the Official Playstation Magazine. 

So unwind your panties and shut up.o

How does one unwind panties which are unwound?

I don't even Care what people call it I was just bored and wanted to make a thread. This Was the first thing I thought of when I saw Someone say PSX.

Around the Network

This argument gets so silly. People think just because sony made a new device called PSX that automatically, the PSone was never called PSX before and after the release of the most recent device called PSX.

They are BOTH called PSX. If you need clarification, ask the person. People were abbreviating PlayStation as PSX in the 90s, before that DVR even came out, and still do it today.

I even still do it. PSone wasn't called PSone until the redesign came out after the release of the PS2.

It's been answered a couple of times why the PSone is called PSX so I'm not going to say it again. Same name, different devices.

What is really gonna get annoying is when the PS5 releases and people call it PSV!

Whatever.. I will continue calling it the PSX because nothing can stop me!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Acevil said:
What is really gonna get annoying is when the PS5 releases and people call it PSV!

Or when the 
PS10 launches and we get a 3rd PSX. Or maybe the PS1000 which would share name with PlayStation Mobile =P

Around the Network
ktay95 said:

I don't even Care what people call it I was just bored and wanted to make a thread. This Was the first thing I thought of when I saw Someone say PSX.

Dude.

When I said "this" I implied that I agree with you.

The rest of it is building on what you said. It is not aimed against you.

!

ktay95 said:

Dude.

When I said "this" I implied that I agree with you.

The rest of it is building on what you said. It is not aimed against you.

!

Just useless discussion... in Brazil some called PSX as well, but what difference does it make between it and PS1?? The only people that could/should be confused are the japanese that got the "psx" for all others this is irrelevant.

And when I read the title I tough it was a joke agaisnt Xbox 1 (X1) so X does not equal 1 would be like it should be 3 or 720 or anything else.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

PS1 was called PSX long after its release. I think the local version of the official Playstation magazine even called it PSX. Whether I remember correctly or not, I do remember at least some magazines calling it PSX. My point is simply that it was a common name, and it's the name I used to call it when abbreviating.

Threads like this make me want to call it PSX again, despite not all people understanding what I mean then...

deja-vou

Click HERE and be happy