By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - X does not equal 1

Tagged games:

do you think my subliminal messaging is working?

Yes 8 16.33%

No 5 10.20%

What? 10 20.41%

ktay95 you are a moron 26 53.06%

Total:49
hunter_alien said:
KLXVER said:
PSX was a redesign of the original PS1...

Nope. PSX was the development name of the PS...thats why many people still refer to the PS as PSX. The redesign was called PSone.

OP: I understand your feeling, but many of us where born before then PS was released and called it the Playstation PSX for years, and before the real PSX was released.

Oh ok. I thought it was the mini PS1 that was called the PSX...

Around the Network

I'm still calling it is PSX, It goes PSX->PS2->PS3->PSDeath

Acevil said:

Still makes more sense than Xbox 1> Xbox 360> Xbox One =P

Acevil said:

PSDeath?

I knew this for a long time and I still don't care :P

PS-X was the project name for the PS1 so it's ok to call it that way. Like with Natal 2.0 for Xbox One :)

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
Acevil said:

PSDeath?

In Japan the word for 4 and Death sound the same, or at least really similar.

brendude13 said:
Acevil said:

PSDeath?

4=Death
PSDeath

(Also I knew PSX was that PS2 White Box as well, but PSX for PS1 existed long before)

Ktay most Eastern Asian Countries have it. The 4 thing.

ktay95 said:

The PSX, also known as the PlayStation X, is a Sony digital video recorder with a fully integrated PlayStation 2 video game console. It was released in Japan on December 13, 2003. Since it was designed to be a general-purpose consumer video device, it was marketed by the main Sony Corporation instead ofSony Computer Entertainment. Its high cost resulted in poor sales,[2] meaning that the PSX was never released outside Japan.

See, PSX is not the same as the PS1 so stop abbreviating the PlayStation to PSX 🐬

Uh history lesson fail.

The PlayStation (og) = PSX was true way before that white monstrosity was created.

As pointed out, PSX was actually the  codename for the redesigned PlayStation (og) until it was given the official "PSOne" name. 

Acevil said:
brendude13 said:
Acevil said:

PSDeath?

4=Death
PSDeath

(Also I knew PSX was that PS2 White Box as well, but PSX for PS1 existed long before)

Ktay most Eastern Asian Countries have it. The 4 thing.

Ah pulled this from Kotaku

In Japan, four (四) can be read as "yon" (よん) or "shi" (し). The kanji for death is "shi" (死), which is why the number four is considered unlucky. While its origins are very different, it's akin to the number 13 in the West. 

Haha makes me think of FF13, should have changed its name in the west, maybe we wouldn't all hate it.

Damagon said:
ktay95 said:

The PSX, also known as the PlayStation X, is a Sony digital video recorder with a fully integrated PlayStation 2 video game console. It was released in Japan on December 13, 2003. Since it was designed to be a general-purpose consumer video device, it was marketed by the main Sony Corporation instead ofSony Computer Entertainment. Its high cost resulted in poor sales,[2] meaning that the PSX was never released outside Japan.

See, PSX is not the same as the PS1 so stop abbreviating the PlayStation to PSX 🐬

Uh history lesson fail.

The PlayStation (og) = PSX was true way before that white monstrosity was created.

As pointed out, PSX was actually the  codename for the redesigned PlayStation (og) until it was given the official "PSOne" name. 

This.

It pisses me off when people get SO pissed off at people saying PSX.

SO WHAT. Get over it. 

More importantly, there's actually a good reason for it. If you had a PSX back in 97 like me then you'd know that it was referred to as PSX even in the Official Playstation Magazine. 

So unwind your panties and shut up.