By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kazuo Hirai should be fired.

For everyone who doesn't know who is Kazuo hirari (AKA "Kaz"), he was the president of Sony Computer Entertainment in 2006 and paved his way to the President and Chief Officer role in 2012.

He is the President of the Sony Corp. and he is responsible for the current state of the company.  If you follow Sony's numbers then you would know that they aren't pretty at all. And it's all thanks to this man and his dumb decisions. We are being told to wait, that he is making changes to drive the company forward and other kind of lame lies. But in the end people want results and Kaz certainly isn't showing them. In his defense he did sell one building one of these year and they showed no loss in their reports, but what does this tell us for the company's future? Sony needs to keep on selling buildings to generate a profit? How many buildings do they have left?

I say that he should be fired and be replaced with younger blood. Sony can't keep on suffering like this.

And this is coming from a Sony fanboy.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

He should be fired in a year or two if they keep posting losses.  He keeps telling shareholders to wait but eventually they will have waited long enough.

Lollll, B-B-But, what about all the Kaz gifs? :/ (jk)

I think if VR, PSNow and their 4k TV's fail to generate profit, he is probably going to be fired provided the rest of the company isn't making profit either

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

So he took over a sinking ship 2 years ago, its still sinking and he most now be fired before any plan could have possibly turned it around? Drastic short term changes never lead to long term stability. If Sony is going to turn around it will be a longer process with them eliminating weak divisions and trying to increase there advantage where it exists. If you fire Kaz now, you will be firing someone 2 years later for failing to save Sony in that time frame.

You clearly haven't been following Sony news for that long. Kaz is the one saving grace Sony has left. He just has a MASSIVE mess to clean up, and it doesn't happen over night. If anyone can turn Sony's ship straight, it will be Kaz Hirai

Check out my Gaming Website www.LiveLootLevel.com View my game blog, read some reviews, and leave a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for taking the time guys.

Around the Network

I doubt anyone could help sony. They are financially screwed.

I've said it before. Kaz is making good moves to trim the size of the company, but it's not enough. If they keep posting losses, then he has to go.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Anfebious said:

For everyone who doesn't know who is Kazuo hirari (AKA "Kaz"), he was the president of Sony Computer Entertainment in 2006 and paved his way to the President and Chief Officer role in 2012.

He is the President of the Sony Corp. and he is responsible for the current state of the company.  If you follow Sony's numbers then you would know that they aren't pretty at all. And it's all thanks to this man and his dumb decisions. We are being told to wait, that he is making changes to drive the company forward and other kind of lame lies. But in the end people want results and Kaz certainly isn't showing them. In his defense he did sell one building one of these year and they showed no loss in their reports, but what does this tell us for the company's future? Sony needs to keep on selling buildings to generate a profit? How many buildings do they have left?

I say that he should be fired and be replaced with younger blood. Sony can't keep on suffering like this.

And this is coming from a Sony fanboy.

Maybe you should apply for the job? Seeing as you seem to think you know better eh?

sethnintendo said:

He should be fired in a year or two if they keep posting losses.  He keeps telling shareholders to wait but eventually they will have waited long enough.

I agree, he can't fool the shareholders any longer. He is expecting another loss this year... it's about time they got rid of him.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"