By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A Link between worlds starts annoying

I Totally agree with eh OP. What a fucking boring beginnig. Why can't they just give a fucking sword and let me kill shit right from the start???

But OP, just push yourself a little and soon you will start playing a really good game. The best Zelda game since ALTTP.

Around the Network

To my mind ALBW wiped the floor with ALTTP in every area. Though I'm not the biggest ALTTP fan.

Once you visit Zelda, everything else is like ALTTP. For better or worse.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Never said:
To my mind ALBW wiped the floor with ALTTP in every area. Though I'm not the biggest ALTTP fan.

Yeah, especially the overworld is much better.

Then again, the start sucks big time in comparison.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

RolStoppable said:
Faxanadu said:

I visited her. what does she tell me. GO FIND SOMEONE ELSE TO TALK TO!

Stupid chick.

And what does that one tell me? GO FIND SOMEONE ELSE TO TALK TO!

Bastard.

I have now crossed 50% of hyrule in finding people to talk to. The map feels now much smaller than in aLttp, where I spent ages fighting my way out of one castle, going through underground caverns etc.

And there was no one to talk to. now there is like hundreds of talky bastards around.

Are you already at an age when Alzheimer starts to kick in?

In ALttP the priest tells you to go to Kakariko to talk to Sahasrahla. He isn't at home, so you actually have to ask around in the village until an NPC tells you to go the East Palace to meet Sahasrahla (who you are still supposed to talk to). You see, the same route is used in both games.

The start of the game is better in ALttP compared to ALBW (Hyrule Castle vs. blacksmith apprentice errand plus visiting Zelda), but from the priest/Zelda onwards, both games have identical pacing.

Having found 5 of 7 sages, I have to say the game is really a lot of fun. Especially the dungeons are well done, if sometimes a bit short. However, I dont see the big difference between Lorule and the shadow world from the original that much. Also, some more changes to the overwold would have been nice - since there must be considerable time between the two games, some more drastic adjustments to the environment could have been interesting.

Overall a 9/10. Which is good, since the first 10 minutes got like a 5/10.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network
Faxanadu said:

So I started to play aLbw. And you first have to walk to one place. then they send you somewhere else. and then again somewhere. and there is tons of text. and link is a little sloth. and there is too much talk. and it sounds all a bit baby-esque.

Really annoying.

Nothing like the start of aLttp. That had it all. Urgency. Drama. Rain. Lightning. Instant fighting. Loneliness. Death. Despair.

And now: oh Link, i have to wake you up again. you are late for work. yada, yada, yada.

I honestly dont know if I want to continue playing.

Don't continue playing then.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

There is nothing boring in that game. Even the beginning is quite fast paced. You advance literraly at your own rythm. That game was a great piece of Nintendo brilliance. I whish Nintendo would continue in that path on 3DS rather than doing old ports of 64 games.

Faxanadu said:

Having found 5 of 7 sages, I have to say the game is really a lot of fun. Especially the dungeons are well done, if sometimes a bit short. However, I dont see the big difference between Lorule and the shadow world from the original that much. Also, some more changes to the overwold would have been nice - since there must be considerable time between the two games, some more drastic adjustments to the environment could have been interesting.

Glad to see that you did like the game at the end of day! ALBW it's easily the best handheld Zelda game ever...

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:
Faxanadu said:

Glad to see that you did like the game at the end of day! ALBW it's easily the best handheld Zelda game ever...

Yes, it definitely is a "better version" of ALttP. The sense of height that is given, especially when jumping down the platforms in the volcanoe is truly amazing for a 2D game.

Faxanadu said:
RolStoppable said:

Are you already at an age when Alzheimer starts to kick in?

In ALttP the priest tells you to go to Kakariko to talk to Sahasrahla. He isn't at home, so you actually have to ask around in the village until an NPC tells you to go the East Palace to meet Sahasrahla (who you are still supposed to talk to). You see, the same route is used in both games.

The start of the game is better in ALttP compared to ALBW (Hyrule Castle vs. blacksmith apprentice errand plus visiting Zelda), but from the priest/Zelda onwards, both games have identical pacing.

Told you it would be good!

Signature goes here!