By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - (Updated) My console of choice has switched for the first time in 18 Years

(wrong thread)

Around the Network
*Sound Of Rain said:
sundin13 said:
Selling your Wii U right before it gets a massive influx of games? Good move...

Right before? You mean in 9 months correct? Super Smash Bros will be missed though. I'm not keeping a console for one game. Plus, I'll play it at a friends house.

Well by the end of the year, theres Captain Toad, Smash Bros, Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta 1/2. Theres also Shovel Knight coming tomorow as well as many more indie games coming throughout the year. Also, there are some multiplats coming like Watch Dogs (eventually) and Project Cars. Then there is the great lineup for 2015...

I'm not saying that everyone needs to own a Wii U or anything, just that if you already bought one, its pretty silly to sell it now, right before it hits its stride (and while PS4 is still in its "everything is coming next year" phase). As someone who does their research, sounds to me like you didn't really do your research before buying (or selling) your Wii U.

well imo make sure you get driveclub and oh LBG3 but mostly driveclub

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Buying the most popular next generation console? Shame on you OP.

brendude13 said:
Buying the most popular next generation console? Shame on you OP.

Same on him indeed for wanting to play MGS.

Around the Network
Smear-Gel said:
OP, you probably should have just left out the whole "switched to PS4 from WiiU" instead of making it the centre of the post because that's just begging for people to ignore your question and pointlessly argue with each other about video game consoles.

I think this is a good point. The way Rain framed the question invites a referendum on WiiU and PS4, even if the central question is about PS4 games.

Putin said:
I want to sell my WiiU. But I'm waiting for Xeno game and possible Metroid game/s.

Dunno why everyone here thinks that MK8 or Smash is like godsend games that every human being should play.

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. 

Maraccuda said:

1- Should not have sold your Wii U, I see no point in selling something for less than what you pay.

2- Buy a PS3 instead. Its much cheaper and has a much better library.

It will keep you occupied until getting a PS4 is worth it/reduced in price.

you do not own a PS4. I may even go as far as say you don't have a PS3. Cause only someone that is one or the other or both will say what you have just said. How does it make sense for someone to buy a last gen console that costs $250 so he can play older games that are coming to a PSnow service when he could add $150 on that amount and get a new console and the best version of al the new games??????? Also meaning that for the next 6-7yrs he doesn't have to buy a console again.And you are Talking like there is absolutely nothing to play on the PS4. I don't get some people really.

The lenghts some people will go to just to stop someone from buying a PS4 lol... did sony do something to you? 

Intrinsic said:
Maraccuda said:

1- Should not have sold your Wii U, I see no point in selling something for less than what you pay.

2- Buy a PS3 instead. Its much cheaper and has a much better library.

It will keep you occupied until getting a PS4 is worth it/reduced in price.

you do not own a PS4. I may even go as far as say you don't have a PS3. Cause only someone that is one or the other or both will say what you have just said. How does it make sense for someone to buy a last gen console that costs $250 so he can play older games that are coming to a PSnow service when he could add $150 on that amount and get a new console and the best version of al the new games??????? Also meaning that for the next 6-7yrs he doesn't have to buy a console again.And you are Talking like there is absolutely nothing to play on the PS4. I don't get some people really.

The lenghts some people will go to just to stop someone from buying a PS4 lol... did sony do something to you? 

Sony shot his favorite pet. Toad.

Good choice, the PS4 has a really great future ahead of it.