By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U has Highest Rated Exclusives, No Signs of Slowing Down

Samus Aran said:
radha said:
sundin13 said:
radha said:

Exactly, and this is the reason why i dont buy a Wii U myself, i like Metroid and zelda a lot, but not enought to skip everything else and i cant justify buying 2 console, and less when one if for playing only nintendo games.

I'm pretty much the opposite...I like multiplats like Batman and GTA, but not enough to skip Nintendo games, and I can't justify buying two consoles just for a few Multiplat games. Thats the wonderful thing about Nintendo...they do things that not many other companies do, and they offer an experience that you can only get on their consoles. It all depends what side you enjoy more, but either way, if you have two consoles, the Wii U practically needs to be one of them. 

Yes but with the other companies's exclusives and the third party is a wide range of experiences, with nintendo is like only being able to watch disney channel, nintendo has nothing like dark souls, uncharted, Grand theft auto, etc, there are a million options. I understand that in your case you just like nintewndo too much, but the truth is that nintendo games are very thin/empty, they have no stories, no character depth, no real customization or personalizatio of the character, and are missing many more things.

Wii U is a very hard sell, regardless of the current exclusives. As a comparison: disney/pixar movies are some of the best but it would be a hard sell if you tell someone that that is all they are going to see for the next 5 or so years.

The only story I really enjoyed in a video game was Metroid Prime 2. You had to discover it yourself by finding and reading all the scanlogs. Most video game stories range from horrible to ok/decent. 

Nintendo has a wide variety of genres: 

Turn based RPG: Pokémon, Earthbound, Paper Mario

Action RPG: Xenoblade, Paper Mario

Strategy RPG: Fire Emblem

Platformer: Mario, Yoshi, Kirby, Donkey Kong

Exploration/adventure: Zelda, Metroid

Fighter: Super Smash Bros., Punch-Out! 

Racing: Mario Kart, F-Zero

Rail-shooter: Star Fox

Third Person Shooter: Splatoon

Life simulator: Animal Crossing, Tomodachi Life

Party games: Mario Party, Wii Party

You just reminded me the very few options they have, and you should try out more video game "You had to discover it yourself by finding and reading all the scanlogs" this is done in the Souls game, the Bioshock games and others.  But your variety list made me sad, look

So this reminds me, the last FF on a nintendo console was FF 6, there are not Tales games on nintendo console ins Tales of Phantasia, Where is mario Rpg?, No start ocean, no fantasy start... I so sad.

This reminded me, there are no GTA in nindento console, that alone is terrible, but also no Castlevania, they missed SoTN for no real reason.

Tekken?, Souls Caliber?, Street Figther? Guilty gear? Mortal kombar? wow that is depresive.

Im not combince F-Zero counts, when was the last F-Zero released? in any case, this reminds me, there are no real cars simulators, and we fall again to the disney Theme, nintendo is great if you are willing to only watch disney channel for that console life cycle.

Is Rail-shooter a genre? and is that a good thing? I cant put a list of all the shooters missing in nintendo consoles since the SNES I would need a year or so.

About the last 3 genres, I dont even know what to say, life-simulator, really?

Well you just proved 2 things, 1) nintendo only console owners are missing out a LOT, and 2) you havent played many video games, becuase you think that nintendo games have good story.  

How did mario end up in moshroom kingdom?

Why are there so few humans in moshroom kingdom?

What does Bowser wins from kipnapping peach?

Why does mario ware such unfitting clothing every where, even in space?

Metriod got a recent story recently and it seems like fans hate it

Donkey Kong, not the most in depth character in gaming really.

Star Fox, I always wonder why do you come into action when the galaxy has already been taken overe, but i have never seen why.

F-Zeron, I'll let you post the story for that game, I hope is in the audio logs.

Zelda, link is mute, and dialogs with him from NPCs are short, and Gannon kipnaps zelda, but never kills her, what does ganon wins? 

Conclusion, this is all acceptable it you are 12 years old and under, that is why i think the hi priase for nintendo games this days is based on gameplay and nostagia.

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Around the Network
radha said:

Conclusion, this is all acceptable it you are 12 years old and under, that is why i think the hi priase for nintendo games this days is based on gameplay and nostagia.

You are trolling or you are probably a 12 year old :)

You listed third party software like GTA & Tekken. This thread is about exclusives and first party software and Nintendo has the widest range of IPs there by far.

About third party:  The Wii and the 3DS had some Tales of games and FF games. You can even play Tekken Tag Tournament on Wii U. You have "mature" games like ZombiU, Resident Evil, Call of Duty, Deus Ex, Need for Speed and many more for Wii U and already announced "mature" games like Devils Third, Bayonetta 2, Project Zero, Zelda, Xenoblade, Metroid, Watch Dogs, Hyrule Warriors and many more and even a "real" car simulator is on its way.

radha said:
Samus Aran said:
radha said:
sundin13 said:
radha said:

Exactly, and this is the reason why i dont buy a Wii U myself, i like Metroid and zelda a lot, but not enought to skip everything else and i cant justify buying 2 console, and less when one if for playing only nintendo games.

I'm pretty much the opposite...I like multiplats like Batman and GTA, but not enough to skip Nintendo games, and I can't justify buying two consoles just for a few Multiplat games. Thats the wonderful thing about Nintendo...they do things that not many other companies do, and they offer an experience that you can only get on their consoles. It all depends what side you enjoy more, but either way, if you have two consoles, the Wii U practically needs to be one of them. 

Yes but with the other companies's exclusives and the third party is a wide range of experiences, with nintendo is like only being able to watch disney channel, nintendo has nothing like dark souls, uncharted, Grand theft auto, etc, there are a million options. I understand that in your case you just like nintewndo too much, but the truth is that nintendo games are very thin/empty, they have no stories, no character depth, no real customization or personalizatio of the character, and are missing many more things.

Wii U is a very hard sell, regardless of the current exclusives. As a comparison: disney/pixar movies are some of the best but it would be a hard sell if you tell someone that that is all they are going to see for the next 5 or so years.

The only story I really enjoyed in a video game was Metroid Prime 2. You had to discover it yourself by finding and reading all the scanlogs. Most video game stories range from horrible to ok/decent. 

You just reminded me the very few options they have, and you should try out more video game "You had to discover it yourself by finding and reading all the scanlogs" this is done in the Souls game, the Bioshock games and others.  But your variety list made me sad, look

So this reminds me, the last FF on a nintendo console was FF 6, there are not Tales games on nintendo console ins Tales of Phantasia, Where is mario Rpg?, No start ocean, no fantasy start... I so sad.

This reminded me, there are no GTA in nindento console, that alone is terrible, but also no Castlevania, they missed SoTN for no real reason.

Tekken?, Souls Caliber?, Street Figther? Guilty gear? Mortal kombar? wow that is depresive.

Im not combince F-Zero counts, when was the last F-Zero released? in any case, this reminds me, there are no real cars simulators, and we fall again to the disney Theme, nintendo is great if you are willing to only watch disney channel for that console life cycle.

Is Rail-shooter a genre? and is that a good thing? I cant put a list of all the shooters missing in nintendo consoles since the SNES I would need a year or so.

Well you just proved 2 things, 1) nintendo only console owners are missing out a LOT, and 2) you havent played many video games, becuase you think that nintendo games have good story.  

Star Fox, I always wonder why do you come into action when the galaxy has already been taken overe, but i have never seen why.

F-Zeron, I'll let you post the story for that game, I hope is in the audio logs.

Zelda, link is mute, and dialogs with him from NPCs are short, and Gannon kipnaps zelda, but never kills her, what does ganon wins? 

^ THIS............................

spurgeonryan said:
MikeRox said:
Dreamcast boasted the same over the PS2 at this stage in their respective lives. Didn't help it in the sales department :(

Sega gave up and were struggling though already. Or they may have done alright.

However lack of "core" annual titles like FIFA also hurts.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Pristine20 said:
I'm not sure why this topic is even relevant. A game being polished doesn't make you want to play it. Skyrim was unpolished vs say Uncharted but I'd rather play the former. This just seems like ammo for console wars, not something that's meaningful to those actually looking for consoles to buy.

Skyrim isn't unpollished, its just really buggy. We just allow it because its a technical masterpiece.

Skyrim isn't unpolished, it's just really buggy..? You do realise how ridiculous a statement that is, right..? What on earth do you think the term 'polish' means lmfao

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
cannonballZ said:
naruball said:

What about the people who over praise anything Ninty related while saying that say that other exclusives don't come close? Why is one pathetic and other not?

I didn't see anyone downplaying anything. Just people interested in experiences that Ninty can't provide. Games like Halo, Uncharted, Infamous, Heavy Rain and The Last of Us. Nintendo does great what it does, but it does not offer experiences similar to the ones the games that I mentioned offered. Nothing wrong with that, but I hardly see how that is downplaying. For people in realistic graphics the options on wiiu are limited. How is that downpplaying when people are mostly interested in those genres?

First, it wasn't aimed at you or what you seem to be talking about. I am a multi console owner and play everything! 

Second- No downplaying?...."Well, if you want something to look better than something else just put qualifiers in. Such as exclusives when the multiplats arent on wii u anyway"

I happen to think Nintendo games are quality, I enjoy them a lot. I also enjoy the games you mentioned, I have them all. 

Third, Realistic graphics aren't the only thing people are after. Sony and MS both offer great titles that aren't realistic graphic wise. If Mario went 3rd party, it would sell a shit ton on other consoles. A good game is a good game regardless of what it looks like. 

What I said was valid. Say you have system A with 10 exclusives with 90+ metacritic and System B and C share 100 games with 90+ metacritic that aren't on system A... Which is the better library when comparing A to B or C?

I believe the OP refers to exclusive titles for each individual console. You are saying that multiplats that aren't on Wii U are now considered exclusives because-  they are only on competing consoles?  

cannonballZ said:
Max King of the Wild sai

What I said was valid. Say you have system A with 10 exclusives with 90+ metacritic and System B and C share 100 games with 90+ metacritic that aren't on system A... Which is the better library when comparing A to B or C?

I believe the OP refers to exclusive titles for each individual console. You are saying that multiplats that aren't on Wii U are now considered exclusives because-  they are only on competing consoles?  

What I am saying is, the article is garbage, full of spin and the author completely misses the point. Take the first paragraph for example. "blah blah blah hottest topic exclusives blah blah blah." the author completely misses the point. The hottest topic is games. Pure and simple. Why do you think Titanfall and Mlb are mentioned as games to own a Xb1 or ps4 for? To only focus on exclusives is spin to fulfill an agenda. Reason why multiplats arent really focused on between ps4 and xb1 is because it is extremely redundant 

If, as the author seem to think, the most important metric that everyone seems to care about is exclusives then why does watchdogs, GTA, destiny,batman, ac and so many others receive so much attention? 

snowdog said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Pristine20 said:
I'm not sure why this topic is even relevant. A game being polished doesn't make you want to play it. Skyrim was unpolished vs say Uncharted but I'd rather play the former. This just seems like ammo for console wars, not something that's meaningful to those actually looking for consoles to buy.

Skyrim isn't unpollished, its just really buggy. We just allow it because its a technical masterpiece.

Skyrim isn't unpolished, it's just really buggy..? You do realise how ridiculous a statement that is, right..? What on earth do you think the term 'polish' means lmfao

A semantical argument about the meaning of defintions is pointless, polish was never defined as being free from bugs, irregardless of that the game has a lot of content which would usually be reffered to as polished, with a game as large and technologically advanced as Skyrim, being buggy doesnt mean its not unpolished.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

radha said:
Samus Aran said:
radha said:
sundin13 said:
radha said:

You do realize I was only listing exclusive games right? Lol. 

Name me one company with a bigger variety of genres. And please don't glorify Rockstar, the only thing they're capable of making is repetive sandbox games. Good quality sandbox games for sure, but I'd rather see them try a different genre. GTA games bore me after a while. 

Exclusives are irrelevant unless they are something someone wants to play them.

Games are games.

The console with the games you want to play is the one you will buy. Exclusives will swing it, but the multi format stuff is still needed to draw the masses.

Some people (myself included) will buy Nintendo consoles just for Nintendo software. But time and time again the mass market continue to vote with their wallets and not buy Nintendo home consoles just for exclusives instead preferring rivals exclusives (Halo/Killzone etc) combined with strong 3rd party releases because for them, that provides more games they want to play.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.