By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U has Highest Rated Exclusives, No Signs of Slowing Down

naruball said:

I just think it's fine to say that you don't like ninty exclusives and express your disappointment without being attacked or accused of downplaying the success of something. Part of the reason Sony and MS can't release AAA games as fast as Ninty is that the level of detail in the graphics that games like Uncharted have requires longer developing cycles. I don't see that as downplaying anything, while some simply assume that it is when someone points it out to them.

Is that true though? Uncharted 2 took less than two years to develop after the development of Uncharted 1 and Uncharted 3 took less than two years after that. CoD and BF have realistic style graphics, but they can churn out games pretty easily. On the other hand, Skyward Sword was in development for about 3.5 years. Its obviously difficult to know exact dev times for games as many companies work on multiple projects at once, but I think it is misleading to say that Nintendo releases more games due to their graphical style. There is a lot more that comes into play...

Around the Network
fps_d0minat0r said:
Samus Aran said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
TheDarkTriforce said:
This is nothing new, Nintendo has always the most polished and best developed games and a high quality standard!!!

Then why are people willing to pay more for other systems and avoid those games? oh right... your opinion.

Because of the common misconception that Nintendo is only for kids. Of course, if we look at the online community of games like CoD or any other FPS we know where the real kids are. 

How many of those people that avoid Nintendo games have actually bothered to play one recently? 

lol... you try and fight against a misconception using an even bigger misconception. You only proved one thing that way.

As for your question. I dont know. How would anyone find out if they wanted to?

Have you ever used voice chat during an online match in a FPS? Yeah, no misconception on my part. 

TheDarkTriforce said:
biglittlesps said:
TheDarkTriforce said:
GoldenGamer said:
TheDarkTriforce said:
This is nothing new, Nintendo has always the most polished and best developed games and a high quality standard!!!

I hate biased comments like this.According to who? Reviews are irrelevant. How many of these "most polished and best developed games are ot Mario, Zelda or Metroid or contains characters from those games? I have never played a Nintendo game as polished as GOW3 or as high quality as Unchared 2. At least not in modern gaming.You would have to go bacl to Super Metroid or Super Mario World to find a Nintendo game of that quality for any generation.I own Mario Galaxy and it is far from polished.It is easy though to make a polished game when all you do is make the same games over and over again.Why isn't Pikmin, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Star Fox or Fire Emblem as polished? It's just Mario, Zelda and Metroid and none of these exclusives are selling the WiiU.

Trust me, I am not the only one who think that Nintendo is the best game developer on this planet ;)

Similarly, there are many people around the planet who disagree that Nintendo has most polished games. Their games are always cartoon visuals which is easy to polish compared to complex worlds with reaslistic graphics and physics which is rare to see from Nintendo.

why Nintendo can't do Zelda like the demo they showed for Wii U before the launch with realistic graphics, instead they are going again with cartoon visuals?

Sorry, but i have never read so much bullshit on one place :D Since when does the graphic style has something to do with the quality of a game??? And just because the art style of a game is cartoonish it does not mean that it is easier to polish :D

Polished = Graphics.  Got it.  

Samus Aran said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
Samus Aran said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
TheDarkTriforce said:

Then why are people willing to pay more for other systems and avoid those games? oh right... your opinion.

Because of the common misconception that Nintendo is only for kids. Of course, if we look at the online community of games like CoD or any other FPS we know where the real kids are. 

How many of those people that avoid Nintendo games have actually bothered to play one recently? 

lol... you try and fight against a misconception using an even bigger misconception. You only proved one thing that way.

Have you ever used voice chat during an online match in a FPS? Yeah, no misconception on my part. 

Thats like saying... have you ever seen a kid play a nintendo game? Yeah, no misconception on my part.

fps_d0minat0r said:
Samus Aran said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
Samus Aran said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
TheDarkTriforce said:

Thats like saying... have you ever seen a kid play a nintendo game? Yeah, no misconception on my part.

There's nothing imature about a kid playing a Nintendo game. What is however incredibly imature is just about any conversation I had with strangers on an online FPS match. I dare say more kids play CoD than Mario these days anyway. 

Perhaps Nintendo's online community is just as bad, but most of their games luckily don't have voice chat. ;) Although voice chat with friends only would be nice. 

Around the Network

This is a topic about quality, not quantity, so the whole "Well Wii U is one year older" argument doesn't apply here. That's one extra year for trash like Mario & Sonic and mediocre efforts like Sonic: Lost World to anchor the average score down too.

fps_d0minat0r said:
TheDarkTriforce said:

Because Nintendo has a bad third party support at this moment. Again, you can say what you want but Nintendo will always be the best game developer on this planet!!!

marley said:
GoldenGamer said:
radha said:
TheDarkTriforce said:
radha said:

Is also 1 year older, what it does have is very little potential with no third parties supporting it, at the end of its life its entire game catalog might be the smallest in nintendo's history

But still the best because of Nintendo first party games ;)

If you are into fluffy, cute things and mario, very unlikely it will be "the best", they are varely catching up with new technologies, didnt you see how they announced the first ever open world 3d zelda? as if its a revolution, when open world 3d games are almost 15 years old. Would most people be really willing to give up on the Next Skyrim, Batman, Mass Effect, Red Dead, Dark Souls, etc, etc, for mario and the bunch?

Basically. As much as I enjoyed Wind Waker, I found both Dark Cloud 2 and Okami better designed and more polished, as well as better games. The same with Ico since they always compare those games to Zelda.
I put in over 100-150 hours in Skyrim.More than I have put in to all Nintendo games combined in my life lol. Zelda U will not e as polished as Bloodborne or The Wticher 3. So of course no WiiU game will be on the level od The Order, Uncharted 4, Halo 5 or even Fable Legends.

That seriously just hurt my brain.  I know the Witcher is a beautiful series, but it has some of the clunkiest controls and worst gameplay of any game I've ever played.  Outside of the realm of graphics, I will never understand the love it gets.  I could be wrong, but it sure seems that you're using 'polished' to mean better graphics. 

Yup, sounds like it to me too. Skyrim may look pretty but for my money 'polish' is more like meaning Quality Assurance being top notch. You're MUCH less likely to have a Nintendo developed title crashing or having other serious issues with bugs compared to any other game whether it's third party or first party from one of the other platform holders.

I crashed Uncharted 2 three times, The Last Of Us once and with that title also had an amusing bug where the two NPC characters weren't drawn after a checkpoint lololol. Was annoying because I couldn't give them a leg up to continue to the next part of the game so had to quit and restart from that last checkpoint again.

Anyone claiming that Nintendo games don't have more polish than the vast majority of other games needs to take those fanboy goggles off tbh.

mii-gamer said:
Richard_Feynman said:
When exactly did the Wii U launch?

Comparisons like this are pointless.

Even if you align the first year exclusive line up between the wii u, ps4 and xbox one - it is almost certain it will be a win for the wii u

Not worth saying it if you can't prove it.

Moreover, there are games on PS4/X1 that aren't on Wii U but are highly rated. Comparisons like this ignore this fact and give a warped perspective.

Richard_Feynman said:
mii-gamer said:
Richard_Feynman said:
When exactly did the Wii U launch?

Comparisons like this are pointless.

Even if you align the first year exclusive line up between the wii u, ps4 and xbox one - it is almost certain it will be a win for the wii u

Not worth saying it if you can't prove it.

Moreover, there are games on PS4/X1 that aren't on Wii U but are highly rated. Comparisons like this ignore this fact and give a warped perspective.

Shhh... You're ruining the OP's argument. Nintendo needs something to feel good about right now. Just let it be.