By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U has Highest Rated Exclusives, No Signs of Slowing Down

naruball said:

What about the people who over praise anything Ninty related while saying that say that other exclusives don't come close? Why is one pathetic and other not?

I didn't see anyone downplaying anything. Just people interested in experiences that Ninty can't provide. Games like Halo, Uncharted, Infamous, Heavy Rain and The Last of Us. Nintendo does great what it does, but it does not offer experiences similar to the ones the games that I mentioned offered. Nothing wrong with that, but I hardly see how that is downplaying. For people in realistic graphics the options on wiiu are limited. How is that downpplaying when people are mostly interested in those genres?

First, it wasn't aimed at you or what you seem to be talking about. I am a multi console owner and play everything! 

Second- No downplaying?...."Well, if you want something to look better than something else just put qualifiers in. Such as exclusives when the multiplats arent on wii u anyway"

I happen to think Nintendo games are quality, I enjoy them a lot. I also enjoy the games you mentioned, I have them all. 

Third, Realistic graphics aren't the only thing people are after. Sony and MS both offer great titles that aren't realistic graphic wise. If Mario went 3rd party, it would sell a shit ton on other consoles. A good game is a good game regardless of what it looks like. 

Around the Network
biglittlesps said:
TheDarkTriforce said:
GoldenGamer said:
TheDarkTriforce said:
This is nothing new, Nintendo has always the most polished and best developed games and a high quality standard!!!

I hate biased comments like this.According to who? Reviews are irrelevant. How many of these "most polished and best developed games are ot Mario, Zelda or Metroid or contains characters from those games? I have never played a Nintendo game as polished as GOW3 or as high quality as Unchared 2. At least not in modern gaming.You would have to go bacl to Super Metroid or Super Mario World to find a Nintendo game of that quality for any generation.I own Mario Galaxy and it is far from polished.It is easy though to make a polished game when all you do is make the same games over and over again.Why isn't Pikmin, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Star Fox or Fire Emblem as polished? It's just Mario, Zelda and Metroid and none of these exclusives are selling the WiiU.

Trust me, I am not the only one who think that Nintendo is the best game developer on this planet ;)

Similarly, there are many people around the planet who disagree that Nintendo has most polished games. Their games are always cartoon visuals which is easy to polish compared to complex worlds with reaslistic graphics and physics which is rare to see from Nintendo.

why Nintendo can't do Zelda like the demo they showed for Wii U before the launch with realistic graphics, instead they are going again with cartoon visuals?

Sorry, but i have never read so much bullshit on one place :D Since when does the graphic style has something to do with the quality of a game??? And just because the art style of a game is cartoonish it does not mean that it is easier to polish :D

radha said:

Exactly, and this is the reason why i dont buy a Wii U myself, i like Metroid and zelda a lot, but not enought to skip everything else and i cant justify buying 2 console, and less when one if for playing only nintendo games.

I'm pretty much the opposite...I like multiplats like Batman and GTA, but not enough to skip Nintendo games, and I can't justify buying two consoles just for a few Multiplat games. Thats the wonderful thing about Nintendo...they do things that not many other companies do, and they offer an experience that you can only get on their consoles. It all depends what side you enjoy more, but either way, if you have two consoles, the Wii U practically needs to be one of them. 

TheDarkTriforce said:
This is nothing new, Nintendo has always the most polished and best developed games and a high quality standard!!!

Then why are people willing to pay more for other systems and avoid those games? oh right... your opinion.

Can't argue Nintendo's 1st party games. They're what made me (used to be) a fan.

Around the Network
cannonballZ said:
naruball said:

What about the people who over praise anything Ninty related while saying that say that other exclusives don't come close? Why is one pathetic and other not?

I didn't see anyone downplaying anything. Just people interested in experiences that Ninty can't provide. Games like Halo, Uncharted, Infamous, Heavy Rain and The Last of Us. Nintendo does great what it does, but it does not offer experiences similar to the ones the games that I mentioned offered. Nothing wrong with that, but I hardly see how that is downplaying. For people in realistic graphics the options on wiiu are limited. How is that downpplaying when people are mostly interested in those genres?

First, it wasn't aimed at you or what you seem to be talking about. I am a multi console owner and play everything! 

Second- No downplaying?...."Well, if you want something to look better than something else just put qualifiers in. Such as exclusives when the multiplats arent on wii u anyway"

I happen to think Nintendo games are quality, I enjoy them a lot. I also enjoy the games you mentioned, I have them all. 

Third, Realistic graphics aren't the only thing people are after. Sony and MS both offer great titles that aren't realistic graphic wise. If Mario went 3rd party, it would sell a shit ton on other consoles. A good game is a good game regardless of what it looks like

Ok, admittedly, I didn't notice that post.  I agree with both bolded sentences.

I just think it's fine to say that you don't like ninty exclusives and express your disappointment without being attacked or accused of downplaying the success of something. Part of the reason Sony and MS can't release AAA games as fast as Ninty is that the level of detail in the graphics that games like Uncharted have requires longer developing cycles. I don't see that as downplaying anything, while some simply assume that it is when someone points it out to them.

Just look at all the insults this user is getting for not liking Ninty exclusives.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=185843

(though I do disagree with him calling ninty games mediocre- still his opinion)

fps_d0minat0r said:
TheDarkTriforce said:

Then why are people willing to pay more for other systems and avoid those games? oh right... your opinion.

Because of the common misconception that Nintendo is only for kids. Of course, if we look at the online community of games like CoD or any other FPS we know where the real kids are. 

How many of those people that avoid Nintendo games have actually bothered to play one recently? 

fps_d0minat0r said:
TheDarkTriforce said:

You can't argue with Nintendo fans man. They will never see flaws in their favorite company no matter how substantial said flaws are.

Samus Aran said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
TheDarkTriforce said:

Because of the common misconception that Nintendo is only for kids. Of course, if we look at the online community of games like CoD or any other FPS we know where the real kids are. 

How many of those people that avoid Nintendo games have actually bothered to play one recently? 

lol... you try and fight against a misconception using an even bigger misconception. You only proved one thing that way.

As for your question. I dont know. How would anyone find out if they wanted to?

Not surprised. The WiiU is the best 8th generation console so far!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---