By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Adam Boyes confirms $10 back for those who preordered TLoU Remastered on PSN

iceland said:
Good ol' Sony having gamer's best interest maybe M$ can learn a thing or 200.

What does MS has to do with anything here? It is Sonys policies you should be mad about, and happy that they responded to customer demand this time. I don't think their policies have changed though.

Around the Network
Puppyroach said:
iceland said:

What does MS has to do with anything here? It is Sonys policies you should be mad about, and happy that they responded to customer demand this time. I don't think their policies have changed though.

He's joking.

Well, this should make MS look bad, since they won't give a 100 dollar refund to early XB1 purchasers hat believed in the Kinect lie.

highwayuni said:
iceland said:

Wow, MS really has you a bit bothered!

It's good that they have done this. They should also allow people to cancel digital preorders next to show that they really do have gamers best interest in mind.

Iceland is an Xbox fan, he's joking

Around the Network

Good of them for givingvthe refund. Can you cancel preorders yet?

Damagon said:
Sony you are so evil for keeping your word and not giving refunds!
Sony you are so evil for not keeping your word and giving refunds!

gamemaster4747 said:
Well, this should make MS look bad, since they won't give a 100 dollar refund to early XB1 purchasers hat believed in the Kinect lie.

...what? LOL Sony is supposed to be doing this anyway because its for pre-orders. Those gamers haven't even touched TLOURemastered. The early adopters who bought XB1 with Kinect knowingly took the risk of MS lowering the price at a later date. Plus they were able to enjoy their Xbox One 6 months before the non-kinect buyers.

You're comparing two completely different situations.

Porcupine_I said:
This is one of the cases where trashing started before any sort of official statement from Sony.

...and no, some guy at customer hotline does not count.

Yeah but to be fair the amount of public backlash most certainly got their attention and with Sony execs being so active on the Twitters and interwebs they were able to respond so quickly.

If no one said anything out here in the wild this may have festered or worse, not been rectified at all. Granted some of the responses have been vitriolic in certain places (i.e. the Gaf and Disqus) so I urge people to be outspoken but civil.

Good on Sony for fixing this so fast.

Puppyroach said:
Good to see customer pressure give results, and really great by Sony, kudos to them.

Not sure if it's customer pressure but something taken out of context again. Maybe Sony should of made it clear on the refund process but it's hardly something that should of had attention until there is something solid.

I personally couldn't see Sony, or any other company not for that matter, not giving people a $10 refund.