By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Adam Boyes confirms $10 back for those who preordered TLoU Remastered on PSN

Puppyroach said:

I think that the original thread actually was based on the text on psn, that Sony does not give refunds on any preorder. They obviously decided otherwise in this case which must mean customer pressure was high. Hopefully they will change the underlying policy though.

Refunds is a totally different subject. This is about a unreleased game being discounted before release thus the copies already preordered should also get the discount.

If it's true that you can't cancel preorders and get a a refund, that needs to change.

Around the Network

funny how the thread that initially said sony was refusing to give ppl back their money got oevr 180 posts and this one is pretty much being ignored.

Intrinsic said:
funny how the thread that initially said sony was refusing to give ppl back their money got oevr 180 posts and this one is pretty much being ignored.

Lots of haters when you're at the top.

Thanks jlmurph!

Raziel123 said:
kupomogli said:

Quick? It took them two days. Sony told us about the PSN outage faster than this.  I dunno how long it took actually.  I'm just making stuff up.

Refunds always take several days, in my experience

I haven't asked for many but that's how it went, 2-5 days depending on the store and the payment method used

If i'm not mistaken it can take longer if Paypal was used

Yeah, but that's not what I'm talking about.  The purchasers were denied a refund until around two days.  It'll be 5-7 days later until they actually receive the refund.

Sony basically didn't want to give a refund until it became news across the internet, now it's a PR move to save face.  Someone even called it.  They said that Sony will comply as soon as this starts showing up on gaming iwebsites. 

bananaking21 said:
kupomogli said:

Quick? It took them two days. Sony told us about the PSN outage faster than this.  I dunno how long it took actually.  I'm just making stuff up.

so you just admit to your whole post being useless?

Part of it.  It was around two days, I don't know if it was exactly two days or not.

Around the Network
kupomogli said:
bananaking21 said:
kupomogli said:

so you just admit to your whole post being useless?

Part of it.  It was around two days, I don't know if it was exactly two days or not.

this thread was made 13 hours ago. 

kupomogli said:

2 non-business days...

bananaking21 said:

this thread was made 13 hours ago. 

And my post was made 10 hours ago.

Good on them, hopefully they change their policy for digital pre-orders so this doesn't happen in the future.

Dallinor said:
d21lewis said:
There. Those 20 people that pre-ordered should be happy now. I bet more people were "outraged" than the number of people who were actually effected.

I'm trying to think of a similar situation where this wouldn't be the case.

Poorly phrased, I guess.  But I bet most of the people who actually pre-ordered didn't think this was a big deal.  At the same time, I bet non-Sony fans and people who weren't effected in any way made it their mission to be vocal about this injustice.  Luckily, it's a non-issue now.