By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PREDICTION: Halo Master Chief Collection coming to PC

Nope. It will remain a Xbox One exclusive and everyone should deal with it!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

No.

The Halo franchise is the gem of the Xbox brand. They would be stupid to do it.

globalisateur said:
No.

The Halo franchise is the gem of the Xbox brand. They would be stupid to do it.

I think getting MCC on the PC will only help xbox1/Halo 5 sales.  The games on MMC are old and last gen (Halo 1/2 are 2 generations ago).  The PC market is big, and lots of PC gamers haven't played halo 3 or 4.  Exposing them to the older halo games may spurn a new audience/market for xbox1/halo 5.  I think it's stupid not to try to expand the potential market for xbox1. 

Not gonna happen.

Despite what they say, MS has proven multiple time that it is anti-pc gaming. It will always favor the Xbox brand over PC.

as much as i would love it to come to PC, it wont.

Around the Network
WiiStation360 said:
Not gonna happen.

Despite what they say, MS has proven multiple time that it is anti-pc gaming. It will always favor the Xbox brand over PC.

It's not about favoring one brand.  It's about making money.  MCC will likely have a big opening week, but I doubt it will have legs because these are games that everyone has already played.  Majority of people (if not all) are gamers will buy this game for value/nostalgia, but I doubt the MCC buyers will put hours into these games like 8-10 years ago when Halo 2 and 3 came out.  Except for the few fanatics, many MCC buyers will not be playing MCC for a long time when there are new unplayed games out on the market.

In the big picture, Xbox market is a shrinking market (will likely lose big to PS4 this generation), so Halo is also a likely a shrinking market (most Halo fans are in denial that 343's Halo 4 was a disappointment compared to the older Bungie Halo games).  Master Chief Collection on xbox1 isn't expanding the market to a new audience.  MS and 343 have to bring in a new audience for xbox1 and halo 5. 

MS would make alot of money either way but there is far too much work redoing Halo3+4 just for PC, which isn't the market where they make the big bucks anyway. Won't ever happen.

Mohasus said:

It may happen by the time Halo 5 releases. It won't be selling on xbox one anymore and might persuade some pc gamers to buy an xbox one to play the next chapter of the franchise.

hinch said:

That, and MS doesn't give a toss about PC gaming (anymore). Also, piracy.

Oh yeah they totally don't. Xbox one drivers, Age of Empires HD, Fable Anniversary, Rise of Nations: Extended Edition. Could they do much more? Yes, but that doesn't mean they don't give a toss about it. Also, check Ubisoft's lastest financial report, PC is their biggest platform, piracy right?

You just proved my point.

As for the piracy, its still an issue for publishers.. and like I said, a PC release would take away potential sales for the Xbox One. The console needs system sellers (exclusives), and this is one of them.

It would be stupid if done but I wouldn't put it pass MS.

The Master Chief Collection is exclusive to the Xbox One. Its not coming to the 360 and Halo hasn't been on PC since Halo 2. Not once has Halo been on PC last gen.