By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PREDICTION: Halo Master Chief Collection coming to PC

Apparently they were demoing it on PC at E3 judges week, and it had prompts for keyboard and mouse. Phil Spencer later said there were no plans and it was just a dev build and they weren't planning it right now, tho he also said there was "no rule against it". But I don't see why they would add the PC prompts (which dynamically switched to controller prompts, and that actually requires implementation work) to the build if they weren't thinking of porting it to PC at some point.

Wouldn't be surprised to see it turn up a few months later, like Fable Anniversary.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

stranger shit has happened.

NobleTeam360 said:

Says "Halo has never been exclusive to Xbox" and only names Halo 1 and 2, but completely forgets about Halo 3, Halo 3 ODST, Halo Wars, Halo CE Anniversary, Halo Reach, and Halo 4............ as ESPN would say "come on man"

Edit: Oh and don't take this as me saying it won't come to PC.

Great quote by leaving out the word "franchise".  I wrote "Halo franchise has never been a xbox exclusive.  Halo 1 and Halo 2 were on PC."   I did say this "franchise" has not been exclusive to xbox which is TRUE because Halo 1 and 2 were on PC, so this franchise has as a whole has not been exclusive.  I also said lots of PC gamers haven't played Halo 3 and 4. 

You're almost worse than TMZ. 

Where would be the reason to buy a X1 then? MS is the company that pays others to delay or cancel a PC release so no way there will be a PC version.

Maybe at the end of the generation including Halo 5.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

No, unlikely. Microsoft just recently announced a refocus on PC Gaming, so it's only natural that they'll ignore PC for the next couple years.

No, just no

I'd buy. Chance to find out what's all the fuss revolving around this franchise.

4 ≈ One

bevochan said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Says "Halo has never been exclusive to Xbox" and only names Halo 1 and 2, but completely forgets about Halo 3, Halo 3 ODST, Halo Wars, Halo CE Anniversary, Halo Reach, and Halo 4............ as ESPN would say "come on man"

Edit: Oh and don't take this as me saying it won't come to PC.

Great quote by leaving out the word "franchise".  I wrote "Halo franchise has never been a xbox exclusive.  Halo 1 and Halo 2 were on PC."   I did say this "franchise" has not been exclusive to xbox which is TRUE because Halo 1 and 2 were on PC, so this franchise has as a whole has not been exclusive.  I also said lots of PC gamers haven't played Halo 3 and 4. 

You're almost worse than TMZ. 

So since the Halo "franchise" has never been excusive to Xbox why is every game released on 360 still only on 360? Oh right lol you're saying that just because Halo 1 and 2 went to PC........ Oh and usually when franchise is used it refers to the whole thing not just one or two.

bevochan said:

http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/halo_the_master_chief_collection/news/halo_is_all_focussed_on_xbox_one_says_343_boss.html

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sounds-like-halo-5-master-chief-collection-won-t-come-to-pc-at-least-not-soon/1100-6420619/

Halo franchise has never been a xbox exclusive.  Halo 1 and Halo 2 were on PC. 

The developers 343 games do not outright deny that Halo Master Chief Collection will come to PC.  But they do say that chief collection will not be on xbox360 because the system can't handle it. 

There are many PC gamers that haven't played Halo 3 and 4.  And the PC gamers make up a good market.  Ultimately, money talks, and 343 games can make lots of money by releasing the definitive version of Halo to PC. 

343 does not decide if Halo is going to be put on PC. Microsoft does, and Microsoft would lose XBO buyers, and also just as importantly their image will be destroyed. So no, Halo: MCC is not coming to PC.