By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's PSNow Pricings Are Crazy

I thought this was a subscription model, like Netflix, you know, £5 a month and get any game on 'Now' at the time, things come and go and you can't play everything at once.

Maybe these prices are entire Now, not just one game as you can but that game for less than that.

Hold on, is this up to a time to play? So, like the timed trials on PSN, play a game fully for an hour, in this case play a game fully for 4 hours or 90 days. I don't think I've played anygame for 90 days total time.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
sundin13 said:
vivster said:

24h is too long, you could play through most games with this and it would be the most popular option.

Maybe the 4h option should be $3-4 instead of 5.

But RedBox offers game rentals for 2$ a day...

So now all you need to do is find a console to rent for $3 a day, as I said earlier, this service is targeted mainly at people who don't want to buy a home console, gotta remember, you're not just renting the game, you're renting the hardware to run it and stream it to you.

Not advocating anyone buy into it or anything, I really don't care.  But the pricing has to take into consideration maintenance/access to the servers, in addition to access to the game

The pricing is ridiculous. $30 to play the game for lifetime play is reasonable. Not $30 for 90 days.

Sony is fucking high if they think people will pay that

EDIT: That was my knee-jerk reaction to the 4 hour price.  The $30 for 90 days isn't that bad.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

KLXVER said:

So, you pay for one game at a time...? I thought you paid one subscription and you could access whatever game you want...

they never said that at all though they said subscription options would be available in the future at E3 when they announced these prices.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

The 7 days for 8 dollars sounds just fine to me. 30 for 15 dollars is so so.

4 ≈ One

kupomogli said:
The pricing is ridiculous. $30 to play the game for lifetime play is reasonable. Not $30 for 90 days.

Again renting something for an extended amount of time is hardly ever cheaper then just buying it.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

LOL, welp, hopefully when its ready for prime time, they will fix those retarded prices and not flop like how Onlive did or else this will be another way for Sony to bleed unnecessary money

Hope you guys like the lack of real backwards compatibility!

Better than 600$ console, especially when I really only care about playing 5~ games from previous gen system

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

If this is the same pricing for brand new games, then it's alright. But this kind of price for a 2 year old game is ridiculous. You can buy that game for like £15 over here.

mornelithe said:

So now all you need to do is find a console to rent for $3 a day, as I said earlier, this service is targeted mainly at people who don't want to buy a home console, gotta remember, you're not just renting the game, you're renting the hardware to run it and stream it to you.

Not advocating anyone buy into it or anything, I really don't care.  But the pricing has to take into consideration maintenance/access to the servers, in addition to access to the game

I was just saying that his explanation didn't really make sense. Obviously the prices should be higher than Redbox, but saying theres not 24hr option because you can beat a game in 24hrs seems kinda silly to me.