Strategy 12 3.57%

Platformer 13 3.87%

Racing 12 3.57%

Fighting 22 6.55%

Sports 126 37.50%

Multi-genre/other 22 6.55%

Total:333
soulfly666 said:

JRPG.  I don't get the recent huge upswing in popularity in the West for them.  Just not my thing.

They aren't popular in the west anymore, other than pokemon. They just that they have a very vocal fanbase.

Personally my least favorite genre is Sports games. I enjoy playing them when I have a bunch of people over, but thats about it.

Around the Network
Xen said:
FPS. One decent/good game for a 100 bad/generic ones is a ratio that you can find only there.

I understand that FPS's are the cool thing too hate on, but really? 100 to 1? That means that half of the PS3 library must be bad/generic FPS's  because there are atleast fifteen good FPS's on it..

I hate puzzles.

MOBAs, never really understood the hype behind them.

Platformers. Theres hardly any variation to them. Even when there is an innovation in the genre (like switching the solidness of platforms) it gets replicated and you end up doing the same thing a billion times with hardly any difference. And unlike other genres, going online hardly means anything. In most cases it just means someone else is jumping around with you.

LBP was a bit fun because of the playcreateshare thing and the ability to create lots of AI movements to kill predictability, but after a while you can still feel the shallowness of the genre.

I know other genres have repetitive things too, but the amount of variables possible simultaneously is never as limited as in platformers, so they still feel like something different is happening, especially online.
To a certain extent this rant could apply to genres where they split up online players e.g. ghost cars online rather than the ability to impact each other by drafting, blocking overtakes, and crashing, but atleast when you change a car and weather settings, more variables have changed than when you change a character in a platformer (if its even possible)

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
Xen said:
FPS. One decent/good game for a 100 bad/generic ones is a ratio that you can find only there.

I understand that FPS's are the cool thing too hate on, but really? 100 to 1? That means that half of the PS3 library must be bad/generic FPS's  because there are atleast fifteen good FPS's on it..

You just used logic to dispute trolling and/or joking...

soulfly666 said:

JRPG.  I don't get the recent huge upswing in popularity in the West for them.  Just not my thing.

Maybe you're not playing the right ones.

Teeqoz said:
Xen said:

I did not mean it to be taken literally - it's rather a bit of a hyperbole to emphasize why I don't like them. Either way, I can't name even 10 good FPS games on the PS3.. at least retail releases.

Bioshock 1-3

Resistance 1,3

Far Cry 3 (not a fan, others are though - I can see why)

Wolfenstein (the original I think 2009 release, I liked it. The new order probably also, though it being cross-gen, I judge it as a PS4 game first and foremost)

CoD WaW is a pretty fun WW2 shooter. Not a fan of any of the modern trash, and not sure why anyone would be. Generic and boring as all hell.

Nothing else comes to mind. I'm probably gonna remember a few more later on and feel stupid, but that's my stand.

Sports games I guess.

Nintentacle said:
Teeqoz said:
Xen said:

You just used logic to dispute trolling and/or joking...

Way premature, brah.