By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why Mario Kart 8 didn't save the WiiU

Tagged games:

Sometimes I think Europeans could be lucky guys.

In France, Mario kart's bundle sells at 279 € everywhere.

But some stores do more !

In my local store, if you bought any wii u bundle (wii u premium/basic with super mario bro/luigi, monster hunter, just dance or lego city), and mario kart separatly, they refund you mario kart directly.

I've just bought one, and i get for 279 €, Wii u Premium + 2 mario bro games, and mario kart 8 (and one more game to download with the mario kart code registration).

I think they want to purge stocks of older wii u bundle, and it's really good for us.

Around the Network

Smash Bros is definitely gonna raise a lot of sales software-wise and hardware-wise. Nintendo has been pushing it hard to get it noticed.

The WiiU does not get much shelf space any more. At my local Gamestop one side is covered by Xbox, and the other is Playstation. 3DS and WiiU get two very tiny sections at the back of the store. If these bundles are selling well then retailers will order more but it's not going to be in large quantities.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Soundwave said:

Retailers were conservative in ordering and/or Nintendo was conservative in shipping the bundle (not wanting more pissed off retailers).

To be honest though if you already have a Wiimote+ your house, the NSMBU bundle + Mario Kart 8 separately is the better buy.

You get NSMBU + NSLU + Mario Kart 8 + the extra free game for about $359.99 US vs. $330 for just the Mario Kart 8 bundle.

NSMBU + NSLU for $30 more is a pretty sound deal. 

Not everyone wants a 2D game for $30.

Plus with this bundle you get a bonus controller ($40)....so you're really paying $70 more for the NSMBU bundle and personally I think that game is a waste of money.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:
Soundwave said:

Retailers were conservative in ordering and/or Nintendo was conservative in shipping the bundle (not wanting more pissed off retailers).

To be honest though if you already have a Wiimote+ your house, the NSMBU bundle + Mario Kart 8 separately is the better buy.

You get NSMBU + NSLU + Mario Kart 8 + the extra free game for about $359.99 US vs. $330 for just the Mario Kart 8 bundle.

NSMBU + NSLU for $30 more is a pretty sound deal. 

Not everyone wants a 2D game for $30.

Plus with this bundle you get a bonus controller ($40)....so you're really paying $70 more for the NSMBU bundle and personally I think that game is a waste of money.

I did mention if you have a Wiimote already (probably 2) ... which is pretty much every Nintendo fan, then getting another one is kinda redundant.

Around the Network

I'd love to have that bundle but it's so expensive

Anyway I think it's very difficult for a single game to save a console and who knows, maybe MK8 will increase the baseline sales numbers of the Wii U in the U.S or Japan (even if in Japan it's already returning to 10k level...)

Dude MK8 has been out for less than a month. Just give it a little longer for sales to pick up. And it could just be sold out everywhere in your area. There's a lot of bundles avalible where I live.

Of course more of the bundle will make it to stores. They'd be insane not to. Particularly after keeping the Wii selling for so long with the Mario Kart Wii bundle.

So yeah, my take is it won't stay limited for very long.

Yeah, that's why...

You can't save a system that was doomed before it was even announced!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---