By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: Expect fewer AAA Games

toot1231 said:
Fusioncode said:
It's not surprising with costs getting higher and higher. Near the end of the PS3 era they were release like 8 major exclusives per year, and most of them ended up failing. Now they're going the Microsoft route of a release a few exclusives per year but giving each one major attention. Indie titles will fill in the gaps between major releases. Seems like a smart strategy to me.

But if Nintendo does it then doomed?

I dont understand

Unlike Nintendo, Sony doesn't have to rely solely on 1st party support.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

Sorry for the extra post... made a mistake trying to edit another post and somehow i doble posted...

anyway, Remember people AAA is about the MONEY put into the games NOT the QUALITY. the fact that a game costed 60+ millions of dollars to create doesnt mean that it will be a great game.

Not worried about that, We don't need 5000 games and about 200 AAA every gen, I won't buy that many games anyway.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Company has been bleeding money for the past 8 years so at this point they can no longer produce those high quality games anymore. Obviously the Vita is a prototypical Sony product, lack of quality first party software with a high emphasis on indie titles. Now PS4 seems to be heading in the same direction, of course it will have the Gods of War and Uncharted and that's about it.

Best to just go with PC at this point if your going to put an emphasis on indie games.

Raziel123 said:
Seriously, we're resorting to posting anti-Sony propaganda now?

It happens to MS and Nintendo, why are you acting surprised that it's happening to Sony also?

Around the Network
Cj2i3 said:
Company has been bleeding money for the past 8 years so at this point they can no longer produce those high quality games anymore. Obviously the Vita is a prototypical Sony product, lack of quality first party software with a high emphasis on indie titles. Now PS4 seems to be heading in the same direction, of course it will have the Gods of War and Uncharted and that's about it.

Best to just go with PC at this point if your going to put an emphasis on indie games.

PS4 not only has Uncharted and God of war, they have new IP's Order 1886, Drive Club, Bloorborne, GG RPG, MM next gen play.create.share, Bend Studios Horror, Quantic dreams new IP etc., so many new IPs and loved IP's coming along with Indies. What does PC has? Indies, Multiplatform with high resolution/FPS, F2P titles etc., always without new AAA experiences with single player content which is unique and wont match Sony AAA and uniqueness. Sony may not got big success with some exclusives but stil they risk to make new ones for gamers and they care about them which is a great thing as they dont only target money and they have passion too, so we support Sony.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

be interesting to see how "fewer AAA sony" needs to stay number 1 for the gen

*opens spreadsheet*

I smell like the dark forest of Dwemereth in the morning mist                                                   fanboy til i'm bankrupt

Raziel123 said:

why not? theres so much anti-microsoft propaganda on this site :P . I just learn to take everything with a pinch of salt and ignore it until i see it for myself. However i see alot of AAA's coming out this year and next and don't know whether this is referring to the VITA or not.

Systems Owned: PS1, PS2, PS3,PS4, Wii, WiiU, xbox, xbox 360, xbox one

justgames7604 said:
Raziel123 said:

why not? theres so much anti-microsoft propaganda on this site :P . I just learn to take everything with a pinch of salt and ignore it until i see it for myself. However i see alot of AAA's coming out this year and next and don't know whether this is referring to the VITA or not.

Nobody said propoganda was false, it just makes one look bad. MS has been the prime source of anti-microsoft "propoganda" the past year.

Ot: This thread is brilliant by the way, excellent representation of the nature of this entire forum.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

well sony still has far more AAA in development than ms,.. i suppose that's why almost all of ms's exclusives are paid third parties. with ps4 killing xbox in sales ms won't be able to afford third party exclusives for long so i'm quite comfortable ps4 will have waaaaaaay more AAA than anyone else mid and late gen.