By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: Expect fewer AAA Games

Not worried, DEMONS SOULS proved me that you don't need millions of dollars to create EPIC GREAT GAMES. i will put DEMONS SOULS and other not AAA games like VALKYRIA CHRONICLES over 90% of your regular AAA games.

Around the Network

Not surprising with rising dev costs and the such like.

Still Sony have a good few in the pipeline so you can't complain.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Raziel123 said:

Killzone Shadow Fall
Knack
Infamous Second Sun
Driveclub
LBP3
The Order 1886
Bloodborne
Deep Down
Let it die
Uncharted 4
Guerrilla Games new IP

The Last Guardian? *hides*

by the end of 2015 and doesn't include potential releases by Media molecule, Sony bend, Santa Monica...
Doesn't seem like "fewer" to me.

I agree, BUT Bloodborne and Let it Die (just like Demons Souls) are not AAA, BUT (just as Demons Souls) they will have the quality (or even more quality) of your regular AAA game.

Bloodborne is AAA
I suppose Let It die is debatable but it's most certainly not indie.

This isn't really about Sony, it's about the industry as a whole.

Around the Network
Raziel123 said:
Bloodborne is AAA

Let it Die is AA and so is Bloodborne. Dark Souls 1/2 and Demon Souls are both mid tier games aka AA.

sigh then what is the point of the distinction? does AAA = overblown budgets, is that it? Then maybe having fewer is a good idea? I don't even.

Raziel123 said:
Bloodborne is AAA

dont missunderstand me, im not trying to downplay Bloodborne in fact its my most anticipated game over Uncharted and any other Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft games. but... how do you know its AAA?

Dark Chaos said:
Raziel123 said:
Bloodborne is AAA

Let it Die is AA and so is Bloodborne. Dark Souls 1/2 and Demon Souls are both mid tier games aka AA.

Since when is Dark and Demons souls AA ? The production value of those games are hughe, they sell over 1 million units, they metascore in in the high 80s - low 90s range and the series as a whole have quite a bit of deeply fanactic followers, you just made that up. You can say that Demon Souls was AA when it first came out but the soul series and everything related to it are now maybe AAAA, it got so big its even inspiring other games.

Raziel123 said:
sigh then what is the point of the distinction? does AAA = overblown budgets, is that it? Then maybe having fewer is a good idea? I don't even.

YEAH, thats what AAA means, its about the amount of money put into the game, NOT the quality of the game. so DEMONS SOULS might be AA (in terms of the money put into the game) but it has more quality and it is averall a better game than your avarage AAA game.