By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: Expect fewer AAA Games

Heavenly_King said:

If this is is referring to all the E3 interviews; he was referring about the VITA and not PS4.  I am really sure this is taken out of context.

No for the Vita he said that indies and third party's will make most games now. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

Can`t be about the Vita as Sony made some comments some time ago about Vita getting less big games as it made less sense business wise, if i`m not mistaken.

The more expensive reference has got to be about PS4 games. Vita games can`t cost a whole lot more than PS3 games to be the target of that comment. It makes more sense if he`s speaking about PS4, seeing as, again, costs have gone up and they require more manpower than ever.

Didn`t Ubisoft said something along those lines, like, they would invest less on new franchises?! It was something like that.

One thing`s for sure, don`t expect a lot of new IPs if the new ones can`t pay for their development in a meaningful way.

Fusioncode said:
It's not surprising with costs getting higher and higher. Near the end of the PS3 era they were release like 8 major exclusives per year, and most of them ended up failing. Now they're going the Microsoft route of a release a few exclusives per year but giving each one major attention. Indie titles will fill in the gaps between major releases. Seems like a smart strategy to me.

Yup Sony is following MS and Nintendo in that regard.
MS has halo, forza, gears as their main pillars and it has worked out well. Sony doesnt need medicore sellers, rather have big exclusives like Uncharted once every 3months or so.

Not every game has to be a AAA title. There were so many hidden gems last gen, i expect the same with the recent rise of indies.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Fusioncode said:
It's not surprising with costs getting higher and higher. Near the end of the PS3 era they were release like 8 major exclusives per year, and most of them ended up failing. Now they're going the Microsoft route of a release a few exclusives per year but giving each one major attention. Indie titles will fill in the gaps between major releases. Seems like a smart strategy to me.

But if Nintendo does it then doomed?

I dont understand

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
Around the Network

Killzone Shadow Fall
Knack
Infamous Second Sun
Driveclub
LBP3
The Order 1886
Bloodborne
Deep Down
Let it die
Uncharted 4
Guerrilla Games new IP

The Last Guardian? *hides*

by the end of 2015 and doesn't include potential releases by Media molecule, Sony bend, Santa Monica...
Doesn't seem like "fewer" to me.

MoHasanie said:
DakonBlackblade said:
MoHasanie said:
DakonBlackblade said:
He didnt say to expect less AAAs and he didnt mention first parties either hes talking about AAAs in general and he is right they are getting less frequent and way more expensive.

Yes but he said that the number of AAAs is getting smaller. 

Ye they are we dont need Yoshida to tell us that, they already did in last gem now theyre even less common. 

Yeah, so he is kinda hinting that there will be fewer AAA games for the PS4. 

He is not hintting he is stating and thats because there are less AAA games for every plataform and we dont realy need Yoshida, Reggie or Phill spencer telling us that, last AAA we got was Watchdogs and that was already quite awhile ago, next one is only like next month, the gaps are hughe. Youre trying to make an anti-Sony propaganda but the smaller number of AAAs is a general thing.

toot1231 said:
Fusioncode said:

But if Nintendo does it then doomed?

I dont understand

Because Nintendo doesn't have the 3rd party to fill in the gaps.

Yes. Bring back A and AA-tier games!

DakonBlackblade said:

He is not hintting he is stating and thats because there are less AAA games for every plataform and we dont realy need Yoshida, Reggie or Phill spencer telling us that, last AAA we got was Watchdogs and that was already quite awhile ago, next one is only like next month, the gaps are hughe. Youre trying to make an anti-Sony propaganda but the smaller number of AAAs is a general thing.

I justed posted a news article. And besides, I post negative stuff about Microsoft and Nintendo too. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54