By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: Indies, third-party games are increasingly Vita's focus moving forward

I am not going to be that kind of person that says R.I.P Vita or make such Fanboy comments, however I do think it's not a good move at all.

They say less 1st-party games still it felt like they were lacking from the start in my opinion and relying on Indie and Third Party is dangerous because if your console isn't giving positive sales and results and 3rd-party and indie games not selling well then they can easily slowly start to lose the support.

I think if this year turns out bad for them then I would seriously do something or else they might not even get quarter of the PSP's lifetime sales (20 million)

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
oniyide said:
oh fuck outta here, Sony. You've been focusing on indies and crap all has happened. It is what it is, but for the love of crap at least finish Gravity Rush 2 and release it. Only game i was really looking forward too

For PS4.

Don't you dare. I don't plan on buying a PS4 anytime soon so that would be like Sony shitting in my face.

3DS Friend Code: 0533 - 6146 - 0418
PSN ID: atylerman5

tiffac said:

I think I understand why Sony is saying what its saying but its also making a negative effect on their own product.

I just don't see how you can re-position your product into a new market (PSTV) when your message sounds so negative to the community you are first and foremost targeting. This is even more-so to the owners of the Vita.

Sony better advertise the PSTV to death or it could be deja vu all over again. (which is probably more likely to happen with the way they are doing things on this side of the gaming world)

The fact it was going to sound negative to the community any way.

Lmao just look at the threads here and on other gamer forums about the overall tone about the PSVita, ever since the d@mn thing launched.

Its been put or really painted into the market in a negative light for so long vs what "Nintendo is doing" with the 3DS an already will determine if the PSVita can be a success, never mind they are no way shape or forum the same to develop for in size of team required or for resources needed to be payed just to make a single AAA game. 

SONY'S Change for the PSVita as a platform is to start new in a market outside of Nintendo's shadow and without the "Vita" name attached to it, with a more Focus on indie and 3rd party games to power the Playstation Tv. On as a Micro game console. Because many a gamer has told Sony just that.

"If I was going to play a AAA game , I would just play it on a living room console"

This does not mean that the PSVita will not get AAA games it just means do not expect many because there really is no reason too when the vast majority of gamers will just give the game a shout out as just a "watered down port"

Sony is I think to be blunt will no longer trying to convince gamers when after every attempt to make a AAA game is always seen by the gaming media an gamers as just  a "damn port" after a while they just said well if its a port machine they call it I guess it will be just that. 

A d@mn port machine.

They are now Starting off the Playstation Tv into a market where its target is "Casual Market price point living room console" the very fact that Sony is doing this allows Sony to in effect lower the cost on entry point for developers to make a "living room game console" game but instead of the costs involved for PS3, or PS4 to publish Playstation Tv will be the cheapest living room console that is a Playstation for the living room on the retail shelf currently, the PS3 would still cost more than the playstation tv to develop for.

By switching the PSvita from mainly being a mobile platform Sony is now offering developers the option to develop for it as a micro console instead.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.