By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: Indies, third-party games are increasingly Vita's focus moving forward

small44 said:

So you think Sony can't compete with Nintendo but can compete against Apple and lol about Microsoft i never heard about an Microsoft handheld

25 millions in 7 years is not a good number at all, 8 millions Vita is also awful

"25 millions in 7 years is not a good number at all"

and that is what Apple has moved in that part of the market LTD..

And Sony has already moved 8 million PSVita's not even full 3 years yet you do the math..at the rate its going Sony would overcome Apple in a shorter pd. of Time and Apple is the market leader there!

And to top it off the Unit is a brand new Playstation releasing for the Fall and we have not seen the Marketting yet for this unit but it is known to be alot.

Playstation TV is going to be pushed , because Sony wants those playstation Now and Playstation+ Subs and you can bet they are going to push very heavy for this unit for fall christmas season.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Around the Network

sony is going to market this as

PS4 to be seen as the HardCore Game console Starting at $399.00
Playstation TV as the Casual Core Game Console Starting at $99.00

I AM BOLO

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

joeorc said:
small44 said:

So you think Sony can't compete with Nintendo but can compete against Apple and lol about Microsoft i never heard about an Microsoft handheld

25 millions in 7 years is not a good number at all, 8 millions Vita is also awful

"25 millions in 7 years is not a good number at all"

and that is what Apple has moved in that part of the market LTD..

And Sony has already moved 8 million PSVita's not even full 3 years yet you do the math..at the rate its going Sony would overcome Apple in a shorter pd. of Time and Apple is the market leader there!

And to top it off the Unit is a brand new Playstation releasing for the Fall and we have not seen the Marketting yet for this unit but it is known to be alot.

Playstation TV is going to be pushed , because Sony wants those playstation Now and Playstation+ Subs and you can bet they are going to push very heavy for this unit for fall christmas season.

You compare the incomparable Vita is a video games consoles and Apple tv a degital media player,Vita is doing awful compared to other handheld system Vita is 14 millions behind psp.

so ouya and Apple tv it's doing awful so why pSTv will doing good

You could spent all money you want if people don't like a product they will never buy it

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

RolStoppable said:
One analyst called it:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=166037

It the opposite the lack of big games it's the reason why sale are bad

Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

small44 said:

You compare the incomparable Vita is a video games consoles and Apple tv a degital media player,Vita is doing awful compared to other handheld system Vita is 14 millions behind psp.

You could spent all money you want if people don't like a product they will never buy it

Stop right there, does that matter in the blunt point  since both are a TV device and of course both do both offer Media streaming  playing functionality?

"Vita is doing awful compared to other handheld system "

Oh You mean Nintendo, because aside from that Sony is the 2nd largest Market share holder of dedicated game handhelds out there, go aheaed bring in smartphones and tablets as a negative for Sony, because its d@mn sitew a negative to Nintendo as much as it is Sony.

Again Nintendo is not in the Streaming TV or Micro console game market so they have nothing to do how well Sony is or not doing in this new part of the market..its Apple who is the market leader there. Not Nintendo

Playstation TV has no "Vita" in its name for a reason, but the ironic  thing is this is it uses PSVita software...LMAO

and this is not a Handheld thing, its a Media Player in a Market VS another Media Player..So yeah Apple TV is the better Media Player right?

So if that was the case, if what you stated true, why is Sony releasing a Playstation TV than? if as you said They cannot compete with Apple and that they stand zero % chance.

I AM BOLO

ps:

Around the Network

So there will never be a God of War game made for the Vita? Any chance of me ever getting a Vita has evaporated into a cloud of despair... okay I'm exaggerating a little but seriously, I've lost all interest in the Vita.

kupomogli said:

"Do you think the Vita then will be getting fewer first-party games, I asked.

"I would say, yes, that's correct," Yoshida said."

There you have it folks.  From Sony's mouth that they don't give two shits about the Vita.  Anyone who doesn't have one.  Ignore the system because you'll just be throwing money away.

Why? maybe some people are fine with these games on it? I have a PS3 and PS4..why would I want the "same" experience but with worse graphics and on a smaller screen? I'd rather leave it for other types of games that i'd prefer to play on a portable device, and those are not what you'd associate with a big "AAA".

RolStoppable said:
One analyst called it:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=166037

And in the same token, they stated that there is Nothing Sony can Do about it.

Sure they can, Move the PSVita to now be a Micro Game console, and relaunch it at a price point of $99.00

Which is exactly what they done, the PSVita is now  a Living room or bed room or hell mini van game console, or Micro Game console if you will.

I mean many on this very forum and other gamer forums did say why play AAA exclusives on a HANDHELD with a 5" screen when you can play on a TV..well there you go.

I AM BOLO

ps:

joeorc said:
small44 said:

Stop right there, does that matter in the blunt point  since both are a TV device and of course both do both offer Media streaming  playing functionality?

"Vita is doing awful compared to other handheld system "

Oh You mean Nintendo, because aside from that Sony is the 2nd largest Market share holder of dedicated game handhelds out there, go aheaed bring in smartphones and tablets as a negative for Sony, because its d@mn sitew a negative to Nintendo as much as it is Sony.

Again Nintendo is not in the Streaming TV or Micro console game market so they have nothing to do how well Sony is or not doing in this new part of the market..its Apple who is the market leader there. Not Nintendo

Playstation TV has no "Vita" in its name for a reason, but the ironic  thing is this is it uses PSVita software...LMAO

and this is not a Handheld thing, its a Media Player in a Market VS another Media Player..So yeah Apple TV is the better Media Player right?

So if that was the case, if what you stated true, why is Sony releasing a Playstation TV than? if as you said They cannot compete with Apple and that they stand zero % chance.

Let's forget about Nintendo handheld Vita it sold poorly compared to PSP.

Again Sony wasn't able to compete against Nintendo so why it would be different with apple in micro-console market

Playstation is a video games market and a video games without games peoples want  will not succeed

because Sony think Playstation tv will suceed dosn't mean it will

Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

3DS - 80m

The way Sony has jumped ship on the system is nauseating, but at the same time the Vita has tons of excellent titels that aren't from Sony. Sony has never been a major content producer on the Vita, so them focusing less on it isn't that big news.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC