By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: Indies, third-party games are increasingly Vita's focus moving forward

My vita and me :)

Around the Network
joeorc said:
small44 said:

PSTV will just flop like ouya

LMAO, i mean How can it not Flop right? I mean its not like Nintendo and Microsoft are there also ...oh wait..no they are not there...

Its Not like this new Playstation TV will not be sold in the section of the part of the store not only in the game console section of target and walmart but also right near these other top set box's like Amazon Fire TV and Apple TV, and Google TV..its not like that would not offer more selection for consumers to now look at a "Playstation" TV as a viable offering, I mean it is a Playstation but names do not matter for products, right?

LMAO... yeah its Soooo going to Flop.

It has 0% chance to compete  againt Amazon and Apple and Google i say it again PSTV will flop just like Ouya

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

oniyide said:

I hope you're right man! I really , really, really do. oh well worse case I could use it as a faux tablet.

Think about this point, for the price of one PS4, you can get almost 3 of these new Playstation TV's, hell if you go just the units alone that is 4 of them for the price of one PS4, the fact is, releasing this brand new "playstation" FORGET EVEN SEEING THE tv TAGGED ON THE eND BUT JUST THE WHOLE IDEA IS A NEW LAUNCHED BRAND NEW PLAYSTATION IS $99.00 its a Trogan Horse for the "vITA" AS A PLATFORM BUT INSTEAD IT DOES NOT EVEN USE THE "VITA" IN ITS NAME!

No Nintendo to face in this part of the market

No Microsoft to face in this part of the market

People say what about Apple, or Amazon or Google..in 7 years time since launch Apple has sold a grand total of 25 million Apple TV's thats with several models.

Sony on the other hand is not Launching a Brand New Playstation on that part of the Market, the ironic thing is the Playstation TV has a tweaked iPad III GPU inside it with also 128MB of dedicated Video Ram too boot.

This is all about changing the perception of the "Vita name as a platform "  to that of just "playstation" and its most likely going to work expect lots of marketing for this lil box on tv just intime for christmas this year.. taking out the Name of "vita" was more than just to make it easy to market, it was more about changing the perception of the platform for Sony and relaunching the platform as instead of a Handheld they move the relaunch of the platform to that of a Micro Game Console.. its also pretty Ironic that must have been part of the plan all along because how do you explain the launch of the Playstation Vita TV so quick after the release of the PSVita we are talking only a year after. that would mean it was already on the drawing board at the time of when it had only the name of NGP.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

mtxamaze9142 said:
I was thinking about buying one but now with that statement just seems like a phone with 3rd party support, which most of the games would come out on a console. wow fuckers

And this right here is the main problem, No matter what Sony's PSVita since it launched has been seen as a Too expensive platform, that many see that if i was going to play a AAA exclusive on a system than i would rather play that on a PS3 or a living room console!

Sony moved the PSVita to the only place they stood a chance to get more support for this platform...and that is as a "MICRO GAME CONSOLE"

AND LAUNCHING AS SUCH AVOIDS the "Name of PSVita" causing even more perception problems to try to sell yet another handheld game system to try to etch out a small sliver of market share against a platform maker that has held onto the top spot in market share for over 20 years!

So now instead of trying yet again after already 4 tries, Sony has moved the platform! 

I AM BOLO

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

the_dengle said:
"So when we launched the Vita with Uncharted, it was amazing; PS3-like quality in your palm, but as time moved on, you are seeing PS4 quality and people's expectations for the graphic fidelity has gone up."

It almost sounds like they think the Vita was ever successful to begin with, that this strategy really paid off at first.

I know it's just an impromptu interview with one man, and I don't dwell on comments like this, just like I don't dwell on Reggie's comments about the console race, but what a dumb thing to say about the reasons for Vita failing. Essentially, "People loved playing PS3 quality games in their palms, but then people saw the PS4 quality graphics and stopped being impressed by PS3 quality graphics in the palm of their hand. No one wants to play a PS3 portable anymore, their expectations have gone up." -_-

Around the Network
small44 said:

It has 0% chance to compete  againt Amazon and Apple and Google i say it again PSTV will flop just like Ouya

just like Apple had zero% chance to sell a full subsidized $500.00 smartphone with no keyboard right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eywi0h_Y5_U&feature=kp

just ask steve ballmer how he feels about a statement like that now

I AM BOLO

ps:

joeorc said:
mtxamaze9142 said:
I was thinking about buying one but now with that statement just seems like a phone with 3rd party support, which most of the games would come out on a console. wow fuckers

And this right here is the main problem, No matter what Sony's PSVita since it launched has been seen as a Too expensive platform, that many see that if i was going to play a AAA exclusive on a system than i would rather play that on a PS3 or a living room console!

Sony moved the PSVita to the only place they stood a chance to get more support for this platform...and that is as a "MICRO GAME CONSOLE"

AND LAUNCHING AS SUCH AVOIDS the "Name of PSVita" causing even more perception problems to try to sell yet another handheld game system to try to etch out a small sliver of market share against a platform maker that has held onto the top spot in market share for over 20 years!

So now instead of trying yet again after already 4 tries, Sony has moved the platform! 

If i want indie i would play them on pc if i want shitty mobile games i would play them on smartphone,Themicro console you talk about nobody care about them just look at Ouya is a bigger flop then Vita.

Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

small44 said:

If i want indie i would play them on pc if i want shitty mobile games i would play them on smartphone,Themicro console you talk about nobody care about them just look at Ouya is a bigger flop then Vita.

Oh i was not aware of Nintendo releasing a Micro Game console or Microsoft! How do you know it would be as you stated

"The micro console you talk about nobody care about them"

Hey enough people care about apple TV because in 7 years it has sold 25 million units.

the PSVita already is over 8 million units sold in  about 3 years, lets see what happens with a Micro Console that has the name of playstation does in the market...you can bet if it indeed takes off that Nintendo and Microsoft will Soon follow suit. bank on it.

i mean the PSVita hater's get the best New's for the whole day , where they get to make and poke fun at people in denial over the death of the "psvita" but yet once is not good enough they seem to want to kill any and every playstation Vita that tries to come out on the market..the thirst is quite real to see the end to the playstation Vita as a platform..LMAO

I AM BOLO

ps:

Sony just quit on the vita, they got your money and called it good. This is like the 3rd handheld they have quit on. I'm glad MSFT just created an app so I can use my phone or tablet as an XB1 extension.

joeorc said:
small44 said:

Oh i was not aware of Nintendo releasing a Micro Game console or Microsoft! How do you know it would be as you stated

"The micro console you talk about nobody care about them"

Hey enough people care about apple TV because in 7 years it has sold 25 million units.

the PSVita already is over 8 million units sold in  about 3 years, lets see what happens with a Micro Console that has the name of playstation does in the market...you can bet if it indeed takes off that Nintendo and Microsoft will Soon follow suit. bank on it.

So you think Sony can't compete with Nintendo but can compete against Apple and lol about Microsoft i never heard about an Microsoft handheld

25 millions in 7 years is not a good number at all, 8 millions Vita is also awful

Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

3DS - 80m