By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
AZWification said:
WagnerPaiva said:
MS better realize that generic FPSs will not do the trick this gen, they got to put some effort on it, and pretty fast.
Also, the WiiU is outselling the PS4 in Japan! What gives?

It's all thanks to the power of Luigi's Death Stare!

I actually wonder if that helped to increase the sales...

Maybe Luigi has to save the Wii U on his own now!

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Around the Network
SjOne said:
How is it that PS3 has been outselling 360 by millions for years and still end up tied? It's still outselling it but allegedly they are neck and neck

Adjustments, shipment figures and the 360 lead beforehand show that the sales are actually pretty much tied.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I doubt the Xbox one will over take PS4 with the new price drop. The PS4 momentum is unstoppable

I'm confused as to how 335k to 73k on a 1.7m user base in japan makes sense for mk8 compared to 255k to 70k on a 1.2m for Europe. I expect Europes numbers to be adjusted down.

Also, this following week a 30k drop for mk8 in japan. Probably similar for other two regions putting MK8 less than 200k for the wee.

Also, fw is still fairly overtracked. 1.2m (now seems like shipped) a day after the first week and digital and Vgc has it at over 1.1.

RealGamingExpert said:
AZWification said:
WagnerPaiva said:
MS better realize that generic FPSs will not do the trick this gen, they got to put some effort on it, and pretty fast.
Also, the WiiU is outselling the PS4 in Japan! What gives?

It's all thanks to the power of Luigi's Death Stare!

I actually wonder if that helped to increase the sales...

Maybe Luigi has to save the Wii U on his own now!

It helped to save wii u just as much as knack helped save ps4

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
I'm confused as to how 335k to 73k on a 1.7m user base in japan makes sense for mk8 compared to 255k to 70k on a 1.2m for Europe. I expect Europes numbers to be adjusted down.

The game is bundled in Europe but not in Japan, that may have something to do with the smaller drop in Europe. Also that puts it at 408k in Japan and 325k in Europe so the attach ratio is pretty similar in each region, I see nothing wrong with either number.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Conegamer said:
SjOne said:
How is it that PS3 has been outselling 360 by millions for years and still end up tied? It's still outselling it but allegedly they are neck and neck

Adjustments, shipment figures and the 360 lead beforehand show that the sales are actually pretty much tied.

However playstation consoles usually sell alot of units after the successor is out, so I am pretty sure the PS3 will outsell the 360 by a large margin, perhaps it will even outsell the Wii. Just to back up this statement there is the fact that the PS2 had only sold around 100million units when the PS3 launched, and it ended up at nearly 160 million.

sully1311 said:
jnemesh said:

I don't see Xbox Ones "flying off the shelves" locally here in the Seattle area...and Amazon is tracking it at #45 or so (compared to #7 for the standard PS4 and #9 for the PS4/Destiny bundle), so I am not expecting any great seismic shift in sales due to the lower price.  It's just not that great a console, and customers realize it.  I fully expect MS to finish the year somehwere around 5.5-6 million units based on current trends (since Jan 1).  The PS4 should finish somewhere north of 15 million.

What? So you expect it to sell only 1.5mil more for the rest of the year? 

Yeah about that.  Sounds right considering their current sales.

zorg1000 said:

The game is bundled in Europe but not in Japan, that may have something to do with the smaller drop in Europe. Also that puts it at 408k in Japan and 325k in Europe so the attach ratio is pretty similar in each region, I see nothing wrong with either number.

That makes sense and I was going to add that explanation in this thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=185497&page=1 but it got locked for some stupid reason. However, I'd still think it would drop a little more due to less install base and smaller opening week.

zorg1000 said:

That makes sense and I was going to add that explanation in this thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=185497&page=1 but it got locked for some stupid reason. However, I'd still think it would drop a little more due to less install base and smaller opening week.

Ya why the hell was that thread locked? But take a look at MK7, it sold more in Europe despite a smaller install base and lower opening.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.