By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I can see kinectless leading to Xb one baseline being in the 70k range and then perhaps 80k once the September countries come on line. Though by the time the initial rush of buying in the September countries is over we will be into Oct and weekly sales should be naturally lifting anyway. But long term, non-holiday baseline for Xb one I think is 80k give or take 10k at least until the next price cut. That sort of baseline is sustainable.

I can see PS4 dropping below 100k before destiny launches.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
Blood_Tears said:
jlmurph2 said:
Blood_Tears said:
jlmurph2 said:

So you doubt and ask me for proof of PS3 overtracking then downplay it in the next post? Im not sure how much 360 has sold but MS already announced 84m shipped.

I know it's 84M shipped and PS3 is likely right there with it considering Sony announced 80M only 3 weeks after MS did last Oct. Since then their shipments have been neck and neck this year with MS shipping 300k this quarter so far to bring it to 84M.

However, my point is you didn't provide proof of PS3 being overtracked as a whole because whether this site has extra sales tacked on France or not, they likely need to be assessed and placed on a different region.  The same is true for 360 on here, the total sales on here are likely correct but it's over tracked in the US by about 1 million or more. They need to be assigned to another region because NPD totals are completely different. I'm saying all this because you singled out PS3 as having over tracking issues here all the time, when it's all 3 of them are being either overtracked in one area and undertracked in another, it's a site issue not a PS3 issue.

I singled out PS3 overtracking because of the post that I quoted. 

Sales charts everywhere have xb1 in doom zone, so it would nearly be insane to believe that the $399 SKU is going to be anything but a blip of two days.

jlmurph2 said:
Teeqoz said:
did the ps3 actually outsell the xbone? Wow, not looking good for microsoft. Outsold by a seventh gen console...

Its the week before the lower price SKU. Pay attention. Besides, PS3 has been getting overtracked on this site for a long time. Wouldn't doubt it still being overtracked. 

I am perfectly aware of the fact that the kinecktless SKU released the 9th of june, but I still think that it doesn't look good for microsoft when they are outsold by one, and nearly two, seventh gen consoles. Nevertheless, no need to get hostile.

Kresnik said:
Teeqoz said:

i believe you will find this graph more correct if you double the numbers on the left axis ;) you know, given the fact that the PS4 alone has sold 8 million and it says that Xbone+Ps4 has sold 6 :) I assume this counts for ps360 aswell.

US hardware sales.  Not worldwide.

Oh, I didn't notice that. Now I just feel silly, correcting someone when you yourself is wrong...

Around the Network

Amazon has been a predictor every month this year of hardware winner, and currently :

#8 : PS4 Bare
#15 : PS4 Destiny Bundle
#41 : XB1 Bare
#45 : XB1 TF Bundle

Also :

#5 PS4 Destiny
#17 XB1 Halo MCC
#22 XB1 Destiny

All signs point to XB1 again well behind this month. Additionally : Amazon Wishlists (most added to Amazon account-holder wishlists) : the lead item is PS4, and 11 of the top 20 items are PS4 items, with the remaining 9 split between WiiU, 3DS, and XB1.

MS better realize that generic FPSs will not do the trick this gen, they got to put some effort on it, and pretty fast.
Also, the WiiU is outselling the PS4 in Japan! What gives?

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

How is it that PS3 has been outselling 360 by millions for years and still end up tied? It's still outselling it but allegedly they are neck and neck

WagnerPaiva said:
MS better realize that generic FPSs will not do the trick this gen, they got to put some effort on it, and pretty fast.

Wii U has games, most notably MK8, to help drive sales in Japan. PS4 has not much to help sales. Having said that I would not be surprised if PS4 comes 2nd in Japan. If there's one place Wii U can win it's Japan.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

WagnerPaiva said:

It's all thanks to the power of Luigi's Death Stare!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---