By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - is Splatoon receiving more attention because its an exclusive Nintnedo shooter?

Mnementh said:
Gintoki said:
Nintendo making a new IP is interesting, they are taking the shooting genre to the opposite of what division shows, cel shading style, painting idea(so not really KILLING people), yet looks more fun than division which will probably get a lot of people disappointed like Watch_Dogs, Ubisoft hype their games a lot to make them sell, while Nintendon't.(Okay that's what caused some low sales on Wii U) but with Splatoon Nintendo prouve they can explore every genres and makes them interesting while staying in their spirit.

Cel Shading? What I saw so far didn't look like Cel Shading, could be wrong though. Do you know more?

Bad using of words, my bad o/

Around the Network

This thread and the responses in it are so depressing. Whenever people show enthusiasm for something along comes another group to tear it down or invalidate the enthusiasm by defining it as nostalgic, as hopelessly biased, as the ravings of fanboys who couldn't possibly enjoy a game unless it was branded properly.

How can we ever have an intelligent debate about games if, instead of breaking down and discussing the mechanics and graphics, we just dismiss each other's opinions outright as irrational?

kitler53 said:
Gammalad said:
kitler53 said:
it's getting attention for the same reason TW101 grabbed attention...

...you can practically count the number of upcoming wiiU games on one hand.

Just tested that to make sure lol ill need more than both hands to count them.

would be interested to hear your list.  here is what i can come up with:

1. smash
  2. X
  3. mario maker
  4. bayo 2
  5. zelda
  6. other zelda
  7. wooly yoshi
  8. splatoon

1.Captain Toad

2. Bayonetta 2 

3. Smash Bros

4. Yarn Yoshi

5. SMT X FE

6.X

7. Super Smash Bros 4

8. Star Fox U

9. Devil's Third

10. Hyrule Warriors

11. Mario Party 10

12. Splatoon

13.  Zelda U

14. Wii Sports Club

15. Sonic Boom

16. Watch Dogs

17. Lego Batman 3

18. Kirby and the Rainbow Cruise 

19. Skylanders

20. Just Dance 2015

21. Disney Infinity

22. Mario Maker

23. Bayonetta (I guess since its coming with Bayonetta 2 you really can't count this)

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

Gammalad said:
kitler53 said:
Gammalad said:
kitler53 said:

1. smash
  2. X
  3. mario maker
  4. bayo 2
  5. zelda
  6. other zelda
  7. wooly yoshi
  8. splatoon

1.Captain Toad

2. Bayonetta 2

3. Smash Bros

4. Yarn Yoshi

5. SMT X FE

6.X

7. Super Smash Bros 4

8. Star Fox U

9. Devil's Third

10. Hyrule Warriors

11. Mario Party 10

12. Splatoon

13.  Zelda U

14. Wii Sports Club

15. Sonic Boom

16. Watch Dogs

17. Lego Batman 3

18. Kirby and the Rainbow Cruise

19. Skylanders

20. Just Dance 2015

21. Disney Infinity

22. Mario Maker

23. Bayonetta (I guess since its coming with Bayonetta 2 you really can't count this)

Ah, well, I forgot about Ccaptain Toad (although I really liked it's presentation), Just Dance, Sonic Boom, Disney Infinity, Mario Party and Skylanders. Is Kirby for the WiiU? I wasn't sure. I would'nt count Sports Club, as most Sports already are released. But as I see the list, I rememebr Art Academey comes too.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Colorful shooter with style. Similar to the (well-deserved) praise that Sunset Overdrive is getting. That alone is enough to stand out in a crowd.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
This thread and the responses in it are so depressing. Whenever people show enthusiasm for something along comes another group to tear it down or invalidate the enthusiasm by defining it as nostalgic, as hopelessly biased, as the ravings of fanboys who couldn't possibly enjoy a game unless it was branded properly.

How can we ever have an intelligent debate about games if, instead of breaking down and discussing the mechanics and graphics, we just dismiss each other's opinions outright as irrational?

We should have one stickied thread in gaming, entitled "Fanboys are hypocrites." That thread would be monstrously long, but drop the number of threads on the forums by about a third, because so much content here amounts to "well, Sony fans wouldn't give a shit about Destiny if it weren't for the partial exclusivity deal, here's proof!"

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

I think you're one of the few wise old sages on the Internet. Keep up the good fight!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Gammalad said:
kitler53 said:
Gammalad said:
kitler53 said:

1. smash
  2. X
  3. mario maker
  4. bayo 2
  5. zelda
  6. other zelda
  7. wooly yoshi
  8. splatoon

1.Captain Toad

2. Bayonetta 2 

3. Smash Bros

4. Yarn Yoshi

5. SMT X FE

6.X

7. Super Smash Bros 4

8. Star Fox U

9. Devil's Third

10. Hyrule Warriors

11. Mario Party 10

12. Splatoon

13.  Zelda U

14. Wii Sports Club   didn't notice this was announced

15. Sonic Boom

16. Watch Dogs

17. Lego Batman 3

18. Kirby and the Rainbow Cruise i could of swore that was announced for 3ds but i checked and i'm wrong.

19. Skylanders

20. Just Dance 2015

21. Disney Infinity

22. Mario Maker

23. Bayonetta (I guess since its coming with Bayonetta 2 you really can't count this) but it's on the same disc!

crossed off a few that i just can't imagine anyone here is actually hyped for.  bolded a few that i indeed missed.

guys the developers announced at e3 there will be more modes so this isnt everything

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

New IP, unique, creative shooter that is doing something completely different.

While being a Nintendo game gives it the obvious boost from the Nintendo fanbase and media, I think its doing enough different to deserve the attention.