By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you wish Zelda U was going to look like Uncharted 4?

@ halodust

i guess your right, still the game would have sold much better with realisitc graphics, the only game with cartoony graphics that sell great these days, i think is mario and thats about it, and even mario selling power has decreased big time.

Around the Network

Toon graphics only appeal to the established fanbase. Darker graphics would bring in gamers who would otherwise never touch a Wii U, and expand the audience.

I wanted Zelda U to look like Sunset Overdrive combined with Kirby Epic Yarn!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

bigtakilla said:
vivster said:
EricFabian said:
vivster said:
I'd like to have it at least a decent resolution or AA but even that is apparently too much to ask.

because we already know already know about the resolution and AA right?

Yeah, because past games on Wii U just scream that this open world game will run at 1080p60.

You said you can tell resolution and frame rate just by looking at it vivster, didn't you? What was it?

It's actually quite hard to tell. They definitely used some top notch AA for the screens. That and the art style make it really hard. I won't judge on fps because the only thing we have is a pre baked cutscene and some grass moving. I haven't seen a trailer in 1080p yet so I can't judge if the actual footage was higher than 720p.

Not that I expect the end result to look as good as what I've seen so far.

edit: Looked at the screens again. 720p is my guess. It might be the very low res textures that make it look worse than it is though.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I want a Zelda game to look like a Zelda game and it's graphics to fit with the style of the game like they've done with every iteration. So far, it looks like they're doing just that so I'm more than happy and can't wait to see more.

Around the Network

uncharted revealing is boring.
a zelda reveal is much more interesting. at least we can look forward a new artstyle, while uncharted we know how it will be.

Would be nice to include a poll:

Something like...

1. I'm a Nintendo fan...yes
2. I'm a Nintendo fan...no
3. I'm a Sony fan...yes
4. I'm a Sony fan...no
5. I'm a Microsoft fan...yes
6. I'm a Microsoft fan...no

I'd really like to see how the breakdown plays out on that. And I realize that some people love all consoles, but almost everyone has a preference.

I think we are asking this question to the wrong people. Most people don't visit game forums and I belive that those that dont will have a very different opinion than us that do.

What do you mean by "Uncharted-like?"

I wanted a more "darker-looking" zelda game a la Twilight Princess (still very happy about what was revealed), but not an exact clone in style of either TP or Uncharted.

spurgeonryan said:

By now we have all seen the Zelda U pics, and the Uncharted 4 trailer.

Do you wish Zelda U looked like that?

Not really, althought both look great, but, it is better if they look diferent from each other.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.