By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you wish Zelda U was going to look like Uncharted 4?

spurgeonryan said:
super_etecoon said:

I'm really glad that 85% of the respondents disagree with you.  Zelda has roots on the NES and that is where they should stay.  Colorful enemies, colorful worlds, an otherworldly feel that doesn't make you think of Indiana Jones.  As someone else in this thread said...the only game within Nintendo's franchises that I'd like to see go a little more "realistic" would be Metroid.  

But the other posters in this thread are mainly Nintendo gamers. Get this question out to non Nintendo gamers. Then see what people really want. You know this is true. See WW sales, Skyward Sword sales. Ocarina and Majora were pretty high tech for there day. Had great sales. TP....great sales! Coincidence? Casuals and core gamers from other systems want HD Zelda carted 4.

Exactly. Realistic Zeldas sell more, period. And this is coming from someone whose favorite Zelda was Wind Waker.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
super_etecoon said:

I'm really glad that 85% of the respondents disagree with you.  Zelda has roots on the NES and that is where they should stay.  Colorful enemies, colorful worlds, an otherworldly feel that doesn't make you think of Indiana Jones.  As someone else in this thread said...the only game within Nintendo's franchises that I'd like to see go a little more "realistic" would be Metroid.  

But the other posters in this thread are mainly Nintendo gamers. Get this question out to non Nintendo gamers. Then see what people really want. You know this is true. See WW sales, Skyward Sword sales. Ocarina and Majora were pretty high tech for there day. Had great sales. TP....great sales! Coincidence? Casuals and core gamers from other systems want HD Zelda carted 4.

Wind Waker and Skyward Sword both outsold Majora's Mask

Nintendo has out on missed a huge opportunity,they could have had a chance at achieving skyrim type of success, instead they go with a cell shaded cartoony look, as if they didn't have enough of those, now the game will probably sell the same amount as sky sword.

spurgeonryan said:
super_etecoon said:

I hope u notice the contradiction in ur post, u say Majora's Mask had great sales yet Wind Waker and Skyward Sword each outsold it.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

vivster said:
EricFabian said:
vivster said:
I'd like to have it at least a decent resolution or AA but even that is apparently too much to ask.

because we already know already know about the resolution and AA right?

Yeah, because past games on Wii U just scream that this open world game will run at 1080p60.

You said you can tell resolution and frame rate just by looking at it vivster, didn't you? What was it?

Around the Network
roboplato said:
Nintendo has out on missed a huge opportunity,they could have had a chance at achieving skyrim type of success, instead they go with a cell shaded cartoony look, as if they didn't have enough of those, now the game will probably sell the same amount as sky sword.

Skyrim level of success? I don't think they can ever get there with Zelda, specially not on WiiU...Skyrim is something that catered to mainstream and mainstream loved it for it...it's a kind of game that Cartman wants to play (not that being a bad thing per se)...and it's a game that a lot (if not most) of old TES fans don't find actually that good.

So, unless Zelda becomes photo-realistic, M-rated title with Geralt-alike Link, I don't see any Zelda ever coming anywhere near 20+ million copies of Skyrim (not to mention required user base).

And it is highly unlikely any of those conditions will be met, let alone all of them.

NO!!!!! Please no!!!

People that demand that are people that says, for example, Bioshock Infinite is a good game!!! Sony fans that never played a good game.

User was moderated for this post - Conegamer

I'm not talking to you.

I'm not social on this website.

Sorry for my english.

Bye.

I'm not talking to you. I'm not social on this website. Sorry.

roboplato said:

Skyrim is an HORRIBLE game. Horrible gameplay, horrible level design.

I'm not talking to you.

I'm not social on this website.

Sorry for my english.

Bye.

I'm not talking to you. I'm not social on this website. Sorry.

It wouldn't suit Zelda in the same way toon link aesthetic wouldn't suit Uncharted neither would the current art direction of Zelda. Diversity is a good thing you know.

Those are two different games with different engines, stories, history, approach and appeal. I don't think that Zelda U needs to look like Uncharted 4 to be a better looking game.