By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you wish Zelda U was going to look like Uncharted 4?

Hell no. Uncharted has become one of my favorite series, and I have a soft spot in at least one of my heart pieces for zelda, but zelda games are just too whimsical for uncharted's art style. I think it would be offputting, at least to me.

Around the Network

I remember thinking zelda oot looks real when i saw hyrule field on N64, it was very impressive and realistic for n64 hardware.

BraLoD said:
Well, I like this more "artistic" style in Nintendo games, but have no doubt that it would be amazing with that graphic quality, it would bring a more realistic than fantasy feeling, and that would also be amazing, I hope the next comes like this, as we will have a HD fantasy styled Zelda now.

this is how a realistic/oot style zelda will look on ps4 hardware.

No! Realistic graphics are boring.

I personally wanted realistic graphics since we already had the colors from Skyward Sword, but the game will still look beautiful regardless.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

both graphics will be epic

No, I think that's too realistic for Zelda and it'd feel kind of bland

different hardware, different games, different genres, Naughty Dog tried to make Jak and Daxter realistic lets say that was the most F***** up thing ever. Technical constraints also keep the WII U back from achieveing that kind of quality, but i will say this, The Zelda E3 2011 tech demo is more visually appealing from a technical standpoint than Zelda U. My intention is not to say its bad infact is better in alot of way artistically. The foliage and environments look like water colors that were hand painted. It looks like a work of art and a great example of beauty found in some games.

Total photorealism for Zelda??? Hell no.
Uncharted pretty much tries to replicate what Nathan Drake's adventure would look like as a Hollywood action film. It's photorealistic and cinematic. Zelda's aesthetic has never been that.

Would I want Banjo-Kazooie or LittleBigPlanet to look like Uncharted 4?

No. I like Zelda having stylized visuals. The only Nintendo IP I wouldn't mind taking a photorealistic approach is Metroid.