By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 2 might not hit 1080p - guiz we need to talk about this

Tagged games:

iceland said:

Crucially, all four games run at 60 frames per second. But 343 still isn't sure if it'll get all four games to output at 1080p resolution. It's looking good for Halo 1, 3 and 4, but Halo 2 is the sticking point, which I find slightly bizarre.

"We're heading for 1080p," Ries says. "That's what we want to do, but I can't commit to that right now.

"Some of the levels in Halo 4 are already running at 1080p. I'm confident some of the games will get there. I'm not confident in all of them."

"The only open question right now is Halo 2 Anniversary mode," O'Connor adds, "because we have the two frame buffers, and we're doing Xbox One level of graphics. The idea is we try and get it to 1080p but we may have to sacrifice the resolution on that to have that mode. Our target is to get to 1080p."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-12-halo-the-master-chief-collection-is-pure-fan-service

Wow the struggle is real people

A detailed 1080p frame buffer usually takes up ~60MB of data.  So understand people that the only way you are going to get 1080p games on Xbox One is with near zero AA and detail... Hence Forza 5.

Around the Network

As Hideki Kamiya would say:

I'll judge the game with my eyes and not by some predetermined standard.

#SaveShenmue

Top 5 Most Anticipated Games:

- Quantum Break
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Destiny
- The Division
- Final Fantasy XV

MyCodenameIsIan said:

I love this guy way more than I should considering he's called me an "idiot" and told me to "fuck off" multiple times... XD

curl-6 said:
MyCodenameIsIan said:

I love this guy way more than I should considering he's called me an "idiot" and told me to "fuck off" multiple times... XD

So much fun reading his twitter feed.  Need to be brave to ask a question. Think he blocked over 300 "idiots" yesterday.

#SaveShenmue

Top 5 Most Anticipated Games:

- Quantum Break
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Destiny
- The Division
- Final Fantasy XV

Well, as long as they push the console to the limits I have no probs with that. They could easily hit 1080p and just sacrifice other things which is probably more important for the experience so that it is fine if they push the console to the limits with other stuff and still don't know if 1080p or 900p will be the result.

The other Halo games in the collection seem to hit 1080p easily but I doubt that people prefer the treatment these games get above what they do with Halo 2.

Around the Network

like some people said, that fixation on resolution and even FPS is more damaging to console gaming that beneficial..... 1080p/60fps doesn't make a good looking fun game.... it never has and never will.... you can have a shitty looking game running at 16k and 240fps it will still be a shitty looking game just in high res with perfect frame rate...

I'd much rather have dev working on more physic effects, better AI, better lightning, destructible environment etc an be stuck at 900p or even 720p and even 30fps (locked) than aim for 1080p/60fps as a priority.... people supporting that line of thought are not true gamers and I suspect them of having very little understanding about graphics and game dev in general in regard to quality... they are just number jerkers the same idiots bragging about having a 4k display on a 4" smartphone screen probably....

Has probably been said enough already.
Halo Anniversary, 3 and 4 are just straight 360 ports that, due to more power on X1, run at 1080p 60FPS without problems.
Halo 2 Anniversary is being built from the ground up for X1 and thus won't stop at 360 graphic levels. On top of that, like Combat Evolved Anniversary it has two engines running at the same time (which is a great feature IMO) and thus won't come close to whatever Halo 5 will offer.

wary-wallaroo said:
Halo 5 isn't hitting 1080, is it?

I doubt it. 60 fps sounds like a priority.

Even on PS4 1080 with a stable 60 fps is a bit of a rarity.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I was expecting it the Halo 2 remaster to be pretty similar to the first, Nice looking but you know the base of the code was done 10 years ago. I'd rather that and running in 1080p than adding too much to the game visually. It's a bit disappointing. Won't be buying and xbone this year so I guess. It was looking unlikely anyway with the PS4 games coming out but even less so now.

Ugh god, why do threads like this have to be inundated with Playstation fans whinging and Xbox fans having to defend.

All Xbox and Halo fans are looking forward to this game so if you are not going to buy an xbox because Halo 2 is not 1080p, thats fine with me and probably the rest of the xbox community.