By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 2 might not hit 1080p - guiz we need to talk about this

Tagged games:

JerCotter7 said:
I was expecting it the Halo 2 remaster to be pretty similar to the first, Nice looking but you know the base of the code was done 10 years ago. I'd rather that and running in 1080p than adding too much to the game visually. It's a bit disappointing. Won't be buying and xbone this year so I guess. It was looking unlikely anyway with the PS4 games coming out but even less so now.

Wtf? So you'd rather them keep the shit graphics from OG Xbox as long as its 1080p?? How did you survive last gen with these strict expectations?

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
Actually the reason this is is due to the game running a double frame buffer.

Its litteraly running 2 engines simultaneously to allow instant switching between the two. Has nothing to do with the GPU but is taxing on the RAM.

Double frame buffer at 60 fps is taxing as hell.

Surely to god they disable the old rendering when its in new rendering and visa versa, it would be a pretty quick and simple optomization.

but wait. all previous halo games were 30fps right? what's the obsession with 60fps in Halo. I know its a shooter but I don't understand why it matters so much NOW. It didn't matter before and it was a shooter.

I prefer 60fps for the game too, but I just want to know why its such a BIG must now for halo to be 60fps.

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

trixiemafia86 said:
but wait. all previous halo games were 30fps right? what's the obsession with 60fps in Halo. I know its a shooter but I don't understand why it matters so much NOW. It didn't matter before and it was a shooter.

I prefer 60fps for the game too, but I just want to know why its such a BIG must now for halo to be 60fps.

I had also thought this, everyone wants halo 2 MP, but Halo 2 MP was not 60fps, so surely it wont feel the same. 

Colltrain said:
Ugh god, why do threads like this have to be inundated with Playstation fans whinging and Xbox fans having to defend.

All Xbox and Halo fans are looking forward to this game so if you are not going to buy an xbox because Halo 2 is not 1080p, thats fine with me and probably the rest of the xbox community.

Agreed most xbox fans really just stay in the big Xbox thread. It is a good way to avoid the super serious fans. This type of shit is not why I have loved gaming for so long. Constant shit talking about graphics and FPS. Disgusting

Around the Network
Xenostar said:
trixiemafia86 said:

I had also thought this, everyone wants halo 2 MP, but Halo 2 MP was not 60fps, so surely it wont feel the same. 

Because Halo is a twitch shooter, 60fps would be better for an arena shooter.

jlmurph2 said:
Xenostar said:
trixiemafia86 said:

Im not saying it wont be better in 60fps, but the original wasnt so it will feel different. 

Xenostar said:
jlmurph2 said:

Im not saying it wont be better in 60fps, but the original wasnt so it will feel different. 

A thing that 343 said which makes sense is that people will end up playing Halo CEA and 2 anniversary saying it feels, sounds and looks exactly how they remember it, then they switch to the old engine and they say "Wow what was I thinking? Remastered looks/sounds/feels waaaay better."(paraphrasing of course) Not to say it won't feel different playing Halo in 60fps, but it will feel natural after a minute of play since 60fps is smoother and faster which is definitely wanted and needed in Halo. People have been waiting for 60fps Halo for years and now they can have that on Xbox One.

jlmurph2 said:
Xenostar said:
jlmurph2 said:

A thing that 343 said which makes sense is that people will end up playing Halo CEA and 2 anniversary saying it feels, sounds and looks exactly how they remember it, then they switch to the old engine and they say "Wow what was I thinking? Remastered looks/sounds/feels waaaay better."(paraphrasing of course) Not to say it won't feel different playing Halo in 60fps, but it will feel natural after a minute of play since 60fps is smoother and faster which is definitely wanted and needed in Halo. People have been waiting for 60fps Halo for years and now they can have that on Xbox One.

Yeah well i know i had the same reaction when they did the instant snap to the original engine, i had a small vomit and said switch it back :), ruining childhood memories.  Everything ive read says the new engine plays great so should be good. 

jlmurph2 said:
JerCotter7 said:
I was expecting it the Halo 2 remaster to be pretty similar to the first, Nice looking but you know the base of the code was done 10 years ago. I'd rather that and running in 1080p than adding too much to the game visually. It's a bit disappointing. Won't be buying and xbone this year so I guess. It was looking unlikely anyway with the PS4 games coming out but even less so now.

Wtf? So you'd rather them keep the shit graphics from OG Xbox as long as its 1080p?? How did you survive last gen with these strict expectations?

No I'd prefer it to match the other games in the collection. The xbone isn't that weak. You do realise expectations change don't you?

Colltrain said:
Ugh god, why do threads like this have to be inundated with Playstation fans whinging and Xbox fans having to defend. 

All Xbox and Halo fans are looking forward to this game so if you are not going to buy an xbox because Halo 2 is not 1080p, thats fine with me and probably the rest of the xbox community.

If this is aimed at me I never said I wasn't buying because of Halo 2. I said I wasn't likely to buy it anyway. Just that now it's less likely. Wouldn't have time to play it anyway this year. I will get it and MCC eventually. Don't take everything as an insult.