By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I hate to say it, but Starfox Wii U sounds like the next Lair

Mario Kart 8 had 2 different ways to play with the gamepad, this game will probably do the same.

Around the Network
Squeezol said:
I feel like people are overreacting to this..

That's because they are. Nintendo has always had their first party games be able to use multiple control schemes. Well, most of the time. Like for Mario  Kart n such. This game will be no different.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

So basically... When Nintendo doesn't try to use the gamepad in a meaningful way, everyone complains... When the do try to use it in a meaningful way... Everyone complains... And not to mention this is basically in its experimental stage with only a few people that have actually played the game

Its like the whole, we want Nintendo to make new IPs and then when they do, we go "wheres Majoras Mask 3d and Metroid at?" I swear, I always feel as though its mostly the Nintendo fanbase that does this...

Yeah, pretty much this.

Also, it's already been said, but most 1st party Wii U games have allowed for different control schemes, with DK, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Pikmin, and Windwaker being the first to come to mind. I can't see why this game would be any different. I honestly can't comprehend why people would complain about having options.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

WolfpackN64 said:
I actually enjoyed Lair

ditto .... not with sixaxis controls though lol

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Since Starfox was less shown to the public more to select media and there is talk of farming it to a third party, I take all this talk and what was roughly shown as just for e3. When we get the non blurred footage and their explanation of what they are doing i will hold my judgement on it. I rather feel they are making the best star fox then maybe the worst.

Around the Network
Weedlab said:
WolfpackN64 said:
I actually enjoyed Lair

ditto .... not with sixaxis controls though lol

The only game ever made that wasn't utter dogshit with sixaxis controls is flower.

ummm miyamoto with bad game desgin??? i seriously doubt that, it will be fine.

Just pointing this out, there wasn't much to the original game. Give them some damn credit to change it up. People would bitch and complain if it wasn't different. I'm actually excited for this.

Gammalad said:
I also heard Nintendo is looking for a third party developer (Looking at you Kamiya) to help finish this game. So I think there is a lot more to this game than what meets the eye.

Wow, Nintendo has no confidence in Miyamoto anymore do they? Can't even get one of their own developers to work on his new game. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

This is exactly why Nintendo doesn't like to mention games before they are very close to finishing. We have knee jerk reactions when the game hasn't even SHOWN yet.

@Fusioncode.....pot calling the kettle black? That game in your avatar is getting the same treatment with Sumo Digital.... Is Media Molecule not worthy in Sony's eyes?