By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I played "The Order 1886"

Lets pray for an awesome story.

Around the Network
AndrewWK said:
WagnerPaiva said:
Well, it is what Gears of War always have been: a good looking idiotic shooter, so, good for Sony, these things sell like hot cakes.

Ohh do they? http://www.vgchartz.com/game/48824/binary-domain/ somebody should have told these guys.

I think its just like in every other genre, the good ones sell, the mediocre and bad ones don´t.

Yeh, you got me there... Cool game thought, I got it for free on PSPLUS, nice graphics.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

AndrewWK said:

First things first, this game looks stunning, maybe the best looking game on the showfloor definitely the best looking game I got to play myself. The Effects enviroments Character models Animations, all of those things looked top notch. I can tell you the game looks better running then the inital Trailer. 

That being said, the gameplay was very familiar. Its another thrid person shooter, but with a really cool setting and a very cool Thermite gun. The way this gun works, is you basically fire thermite at your opponents and incinerate it with the secondary fire and if there is fire in the enviroment you can shoot at it and the bullets turn into explosive projectiles. Thats really neat and I hope they have many other creative guns like that, because the gameplay was fairly basic cover shooting. Which is not to say it can´t be good. I did like what I played, the shooting felt good, the voice acting and the acting in generell was top notch. Unfortunately I just got to fight humans and no werewolfes or other creatures. I thought the Demo itslef was allright but nothing spectaucular, altough I do wanna play more of it.

As a christian I enjoy the theme and the history: a sacred order fighting demonic hybrid creatures. As you guys know we christians believe that hybrid creatures are abominations of God´s creation and we do believe that we will have some disgusting hybrid like man-animals and nephilins (fallen angels crossed with humans) roaming and tormenting the earth in the last days ("For the coming of the Son of Man will be just like the days of Noah." Matthew 24:37)

So the theme is really interesting to me, I will buy it.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

But was it the most linear video game ever made?

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

i think the problem the game is having is that is being marketed very very wrong

Around the Network
AndrewWK said:
DakonBlackblade said:

The game is already doomed ppl had labeled it as generic gameplay even before gameplay was shown, its gona get reveiws on the 8s tops and gamers will say it plays like any other shooter, wich is true for every 3rd person shooter ever but hey once a game gets a label its doomed.

I don´t think so, I am pretty sure its gonna do pretty well. It depends on the reviews how good its gonna do but it will be profitable.

If it has average to slightly above average gameplay, but also worldclass graphics and an amazing story I could still see it getting a meta of around 85.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Eddie_Raja said:

If it has average to slightly above average gameplay, but also worldclass graphics and an amazing story I could still see it getting a meta of around 85.

The Last of Us had average gameplay above average graphics and a great story. The Metascore of The Last of Us is 95 so you know, in the end gameplay don´t matter that much

Azerth said:
i think the problem the game is having is that is being marketed very very wrong

How so?

WagnerPaiva said:
AndrewWK said:

First things first, this game looks stunning, maybe the best looking game on the showfloor definitely the best looking game I got to play myself. The Effects enviroments Character models Animations, all of those things looked top notch. I can tell you the game looks better running then the inital Trailer. 

That being said, the gameplay was very familiar. Its another thrid person shooter, but with a really cool setting and a very cool Thermite gun. The way this gun works, is you basically fire thermite at your opponents and incinerate it with the secondary fire and if there is fire in the enviroment you can shoot at it and the bullets turn into explosive projectiles. Thats really neat and I hope they have many other creative guns like that, because the gameplay was fairly basic cover shooting. Which is not to say it can´t be good. I did like what I played, the shooting felt good, the voice acting and the acting in generell was top notch. Unfortunately I just got to fight humans and no werewolfes or other creatures. I thought the Demo itslef was allright but nothing spectaucular, altough I do wanna play more of it.

As a christian I enjoy the theme and the history: a sacred order fighting demonic hybrid creatures. As you guys know we christians believe that hybrid creatures are abominations of God´s creation and we do believe that we will have some disgusting hybrid like man-animals and nephilins (fallen angels crossed with humans) roaming and tormenting the earth in the last days ("For the coming of the Son of Man will be just like the days of Noah." Matthew 24:37)

So the theme is really interesting to me, I will buy it.

I think the theme is super interesting, its time we delve into different settings then generic Fantasy and modern days military. 

AndrewWK said:
Azerth said:

How so?

like the demo they showed at e3 was imo very boring