By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Current-gen Million sellers - 24/02/08.

If you add together the sales for the million-sellers, what would the numbers for first/third party be for the respective consoles?

Around the Network

PS3's list has been boosted by strong software sales in Europe, so that list should be growing soon, with Ratchet, (HS), GHIII, DMC 4, (BP) and RSV 2 probably joining that list shortly. However, it is expected that weekly software would be much lower than the others, but the sales are still very poor in america, and low in Japan

I wonder how many million sellers will be on each of the 3 systems on 12-31-08.

darconi said:

Goes to show how important Europe is to Sony.  Without Europe, Sony would only have 3 (almost 4) million sellers.

Without US 360 would have...... I'd have to say only about 3 or 4 having being out a whole year more too... this proves 360 software is struggling because US doesn't count since MS is dependant on it......

/sarcasim

Japan is still an area to be very worried about. The only game making company that has a platinum title in Japan alone is Nintendo. They have 5 there. No other company has been able to do that with a single title which is a very scary thought. Hell I think the closest another company has come has been Square Enix with DRagon Quest Swords. But that's another title on Wii. Any on PS3 or 360 just ain't doing well there.

I mean I guess that can be explained by the mass difference in userbase but this is showing a nasty trend. 3rd parties are having problems having success in Japan on the Wii and its got the top userbase. They are also having problems having success on PS360 not only because of smaller userbase but because they aren't being bought too much there otherwise at all.

This is quite a problem and really I don't know what 3rd parties are going to do about it. I mean they complain about things not selling on Wii but PS360 situation over there is just as bad. So who are Japanese companies going to support down the line when it comes to Japan? Personally I think they are going to go with Wii cause even though the 3rd party situation is sketchy down there, the larger the userbase still the best chance for a profitable game and less risk with the smallest amount of cost to make it.

Now in 2008 a lot of those guys have chosen PS3 or 360 or both but I think they know that the success isn't going to come out of Japan and they are mainly focusing on Europe and America.

So 3rd parties in Japan is quite disturbing eh. What yall think.

Around the Network

Sonic and the Secret Rings is a million seller. 

Someone needs to update it.  

Million + PS3 selling games in 2008:

mgs4 over :4 million
gta iv: a hella lot
madden 08: 1.5 mill
fifa 09: 2 million
infamous: 1 million
resistance 2: over 4 million
gt 5p: 2.5 million
killzone 2: 1.5 million

Nice job.

Interestiing read -- though everyone keeps harping on Carnival Games for the Wii.

This may show how out of touch traditional gamers are to the casual gaming revolution. I could not go into a Gamestop/EB for weeks without hearing someone ask for that title. It is a game that people bought to play at parties and for/with their kids.

And while it is not something that could be considered great in a crtical evaluation, it is fun. That is much more than many of the other minigame collections out there. And it appears that it was built from the ground-up from the Wii, so it does not look like a leftover Gamecube title (or in the case of NiGHTS, a Saturn title).

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

LOCK said:

Sonic and the Secret Rings is a million seller. 

Someone needs to update it.  

shipped=/=sold to consumer

DMeisterJ said:
This goes to show the grave situation that the Wii is suffering in terms of their million sellers. Only 1/3 are third party.

It seems like we go through this every single time million sellers are brought up. Since Rol and Zucas covered it for the most part (for the 100th time), I won't bother repeating them...

kingofwale said:

It really pains me to see games like Carnival and Red Steel being on the million seller list.

And pro-street on PS3?? Who the hell has that game here?

Maybe people actually enjoy these games? Is it really THAT hard to believe? I got to play Mario and Sonic over the weekend, and it really is a pretty fun game, which, last time I checked, should be the point of most games... to have fun! And it does that really well. Plus some games give you a really good workout. All while having fun. Fun+working out. What are the chances.