By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Current-gen Million sellers - 24/02/08.

At end of year the X360 will have over 50 million sellers. Wii with 40 million sellers. PS3 with 25 million sellers

Around the Network

The Wii list at least will be having at least 2 more million sellers before march.
LEGO Star Wars trilogy and RE:UC

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

By end of March 2008 add: The Orange Box, Rock Band, Devil May Cry 4 and Burnout Paradise to the X360's bringing it up to 38.

The American sales figures are tracked accurately by VgChartz. I am not too sure about the other regions and how accurate those figures are tracked. Oh well. NA commands around 50% of the video game market.

Whether the sales are to retailers or sales to consumers does not matter. At the end of the day sales is what matters, companies sell to retailers. What the retailers do with the games does not matter to the companies. There will always be a difference between sales to retailers and sales to consumers.

Summary: Wii and X360 have very healthy sales, PS3 might be going the way of the Gamecube.

Who currently owns all the million seller games on his current consoles? Every million seller game has on average over an 80% review score and it demands to be purchased whether or not you like that genre.

Around the Network
Chrizum said:
Summary: Wii and X360 have very healthy sales, PS3 might be going the way of the Gamecube.

Which was healthy enough... For most developers anyway... Just in comparison with the PS2 it was nothing...

THE NETHERLANDS

StarcraftManiac said:
Picko said:
StarcraftManiac said:

-X360 now has 34 millionsellers after around 27 months on the market. Most of them are somehow connected to something that involves shooting.

I count 18 as not being shooters. You really went to that outdated stereotype like a bear to honey.

Dude, you get the point. Halo 3 has more than 30% attach-ratio on X360... Gears has around 24%... Ghost recon games sell a million. Every CoD sells way more then a million etc... You think it's crazy i say that? I think 18 out of 34 FPS is FREAKIN' much... There's not FPS and 'the rest' You have: Adventure, RPG, RTS, Sports, Simulation, Etc... Etc... Etc... So, it IS much! It's more then 50%.

Besides incorrectly reading what Picko said (18 NON-shooters), I personally only see 10 FPS games.  And Maybe 12, if you are counting Lost Planet and Mass Effect, third person shooters.  And on top of that, ME is not completely based on the shooting action.

You totally went for that outdated sterotype.   

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Millions sellers for PS3 at the end of the year (certainly) :

-Motorstorm
-Resistance
-Assassin's Creed
-Call of Duty 4
-PES 2008
-Fifa 08
-Uncharted Drake's Fortune
-Need For Speed
-Guitar Hero III
-Ratchet and Clank
-Devil May Cry 4
-GTA IV
-Metal Gear Solid 4
-Tekken 6
-Killzone 2
-Resistance 2
-Motorstorm 2
-Uncharted Drake's Fortune 2
-PES 2009
-Fifa 09
-Call of Duty 5
-Final Fantasy XIII
-Madden NFL 09
-Gran Turismo 5

Million sellers (maybe)

-Little Big Planet
-Soul Calibur IV
-WWE Smasckrown 2008
-Heavenly Sword
-Haze
-Alone in the dark 5
-White Knight Story
-Yakusa 3
-The Last Remnant

I think it will be like that

DMeisterJ said:
This goes to show the grave situation that the Wii is suffering in terms of their million sellers. Only 1/3 are third party.

I still can't believe that this was just about the first reply to the thread. All the data points to the phenomenal success of Wii software, and the immediate response is about the "grave situation" of third party sales. Come on. We all know that no such thing is the case.

More to the point, if Wii third party sales are so terrible, why is it that there are six third-party million sellers for the Wii and only five for the PS3, despite massively larger investment in the latter platform? Shouldn't we be more worried about the failure of third-party games to sell on the PS3?

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

StarcraftManiac said:

-PS3 has a more varied millionseller line-up in comparison to the X360. However, PS3's total software sales are lower all across the board. This is mainly due to the system releasing a year later and thus having a smaller userbase.

How is the PS3 list more varied?

PS3 has:

• 2 FPS
  • 2 TPS
  • 2 racing
  • 2 sports

X360 has:

• 6 FPS
  • 6 sports
  • 5 TPS
  • 5 racing
  • 4 adventure