By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Current-gen Million sellers - 24/02/08.

RolStoppable said:
DMeisterJ said:
This goes to show the grave situation that the Wii is suffering in terms of their million sellers. Only 1/3 are third party.

Considering the general quality of Wii 3rd party games, 3rd parties can really be happy that they even had so many million sellers.

I guess if the Wii had 10-20 3rd party million sellers by now, people would complain that the Wii userbase buys every mediocre game that is thrown at them.

Yeah, Nintendo is the only company that makes good games, right, Rol'?

There are plenty of solid 3rd-party games for the Wii, but I'm sure you have another bullshit excuse for that, too. 

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network
LOCK said:

Sonic and the Secret Rings is a million seller. 

Someone needs to update it.  

When did this happen?

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

So um when is that shift in third party developers specifically for the Wii start?

Friend Code : 2878 - 9590 - 0767

Riot Of The Blood said:
RolStoppable said:
DMeisterJ said:
This goes to show the grave situation that the Wii is suffering in terms of their million sellers. Only 1/3 are third party.

Considering the general quality of Wii 3rd party games, 3rd parties can really be happy that they even had so many million sellers.

I guess if the Wii had 10-20 3rd party million sellers by now, people would complain that the Wii userbase buys every mediocre game that is thrown at them.

There are plenty of solid 3rd-party games for the Wii, but I'm sure you have another bullshit excuse for that, too.

First tell me the 3rd-party games that deserve to sell a million (or haven't sold as well as they should have at least, since not all games will sell a million), and then I'll see what bullshit excuse I can come up with, and then compare it to Rols, and see who can make up better excuses.  Thank you. 

The lists will continue to grow. I'm intrigued at the 360 list. Will the Wii pass it?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Riot Of The Blood said:
RolStoppable said:
DMeisterJ said:

Please point to me these solid 3rd party games that didn't sell at all, and if Zack & Wiki or No More Heroes is cited you will fail instantly. Or perhaps that bullshit is coming from...you?

I do find it amusing that the Microsoft fanboys don't care quite nearly as much as the Sony fanboys about the supposed 3rd party "situation" on the Wii.

Riot Of The Blood said:
RolStoppable said:
DMeisterJ said:

There sure have been some quality third party efforts on Wii thus far ( in no way even close to Nintendo usual standards ) but most of them were not very big names, or were not advertised at all.

I mean, Resident Evils have sold tremendously on the Wii, even though they are mature and hardcore, therefore not a Wii strength. Other titles may have not gotten platinum, but had very robust sales like         Zack & Wiki, No More Heroes, Sonic & Secret Rings and others.

Overally , I get the feeling that 3rd  parties on Wii are just pathetic; they complain that they can't sell their games ( especially in Japan ) or that Nintendo first party steal their share, yet they don't do something to counter these problems. I feel like they're trying to fight a tank using slings. 

And don't tell me there are no ways for them to fight for some piece of the pie. If Resident Evil 5 was a Wii exclusive, it would reach ~3m at least. Or a Final Fantasy game with the same production values as the main series. The sole company to have moved this way seems to be Capcom with Monster Hunter 3, a move which I think will prove them SO right. 

A question for people that keep hyping Infamous as it is going to be the next big thing. Has Sucker Punch made anything amazing to deserve that hype?
I´m really puzzled by that.
Anyway, hopefully at the end of the year, that Wii list will have the following games:

LEGO SW Complete SAGA
Star Wars Unleashed
RE UC
MH3
RedSteel2
RRR2
Sonic and the secret rings
FF Crystal Chronicles
etc

ClaudeLv250 said:

Please point to me these solid 3rd party games that didn't sell at all, and if Zack & Wiki or No More Heroes is cited you will fail instantly. Or perhaps that bullshit is coming from...you?

I do find it amusing that the Microsoft fanboys don't care quite nearly as much as the Sony fanboys about the supposed 3rd party "situation" on the Wii.

Obviously, you know I'm right, and that's why you instantly demand that I exclude Zack&Wiki and No More Heroes. Just take a look at Madden, EA's flagship title. Madden '07 is over 80% at Gamerankings, yet the game failed to reach even 500k let alone 1m. This isn't a "niche" game as you guys like to say. But, hey, whatever, right? Why don't we all just live in Nintendo dream world were the Wii has all the 3rd-party support to itself!

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Riot Of The Blood said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

Please point to me these solid 3rd party games that didn't sell at all, and if Zack & Wiki or No More Heroes is cited you will fail instantly. Or perhaps that bullshit is coming from...you?

Obviously, you know I'm right, and that's why you instantly demand that I exclude Zack&Wiki and No More Heroes. Just take a look at Madden, EA's flagship title. Madden '07 is over 80% at Gamerankings, yet the game failed to reach even 500k let alone 1m. This isn't a "niche" game as you guys like to say. But, hey, whatever, right? Why don't we all just live in Nintendo dream world were the Wii has all the 3rd-party support to itself!

I "demand" you exclude NMH and Z&W because I know you're full of shit. It's amazingthat Zack & Wiki is passing Capcom's expectations and Marvelous threw a part over the massive success that No More Heroes was yet the angry Sony fanboy wants to deem these as some kind of failures part of an imaginary crisis. Yes, massive success, I know the truth burns your skin and repels you. How on Earth are you going to sleep at night knowing that NMH shipped over 400k already? And madden lol!