By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Current-gen Million sellers - 24/02/08.

is it just me or is the ps3 list acually getting smaller instead of expanding

lol :)

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network
Riot Of The Blood said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

Obviously, you know I'm right, and that's why you instantly demand that I exclude Zack&Wiki and No More Heroes. Just take a look at Madden, EA's flagship title. Madden '07 is over 80% at Gamerankings, yet the game failed to reach even 500k let alone 1m. This isn't a "niche" game as you guys like to say. But, hey, whatever, right? Why don't we all just live in Nintendo dream world were the Wii has all the 3rd-party support to itself!

At least Killer 7 sold 1million on the PS2, it being such a great game and everything. And same with Okami, because that was such a classic. And we all know that every good game deserves to sell a million.

At the time that Madden 07 released, the Wii userbase wasn't that large, and it's a very front heavy game, and it sold better than the PS3 version. Madden 08 has sold better than Madden 07 did, though it didn't sell as well as the PS3 08 version, neither have sold a million. I think this year, if the actually improve the game, and fix some of the problems, 09 will sell really well and it will sell a million.

RolStoppable said:

Here's my excuse:

http://www.vgchartz.com/profiles/mygames.php?id=16907

According to yourself (or your previous account if you so will) these are actually all the Wii games you own (besides Wii Sports), because the rest isn't worth your time and money. First party games and Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition, arguably the best 3rd party game for the Wii so far and deserving to be a million seller might I add.

I am aware that your overall games collection is incomplete (for instance a lot of your supposed ~30 PS3 games are missing), but I have never seen you stating that you did buy more games for your Wii than these five listed in your profile.

Yes, those are the only games I own for the Wii, but that does not mean those are the only games worth my time and money. I can't buy every game for the Wii. I'm not made of money... I mean, you can't expect me to to buy all the systems and 20 games for each of them this early in their life. There are more Wii games that I want.

I "demand" you exclude NMH and Z&W because I know you're full of shit. It's amazingthat Zack & Wiki is passing Capcom's expectations and Marvelous threw a part over the massive success that No More Heroes was yet the angry Sony fanboy wants to deem these as some kind of failures part of an imaginary crisis. Yes, massive success, I know the truth burns your skin and repels you. How on Earth are you going to sleep at night knowing that NMH shipped over 400k already? And madden lol!

Wow, 400k units sold! Yep, my favorite consoles are going to lose all 3rd-party support, as these numbers are way to good to pass up. I'm going to have a hard time sleeping at night. Damn you, Claude, for breaking my heart and ruining my dreams! 

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

@Riot

If those games were really that good and appealing to you, you'd have bought them. Don't tell me you'd have passed on Fatal Frame IV.

Also, maybe all of us are not made out of money and as thinking persons bought Call of Duty 4 instead of Medal of Honor Heroes 2. 

Riot Of The Blood said:

Yes, those are the only games I own for the Wii, but that does not mean those are the only games worth my time and money. I can't buy every game for the Wii. I'm not made of money... I mean, you can't expect me to to buy all the systems and 20 games for each of them this early in their life. There are more Wii games that I want.

I "demand" you exclude NMH and Z&W because I know you're full of shit. It's amazingthat Zack & Wiki is passing Capcom's expectations and Marvelous threw a part over the massive success that No More Heroes was yet the angry Sony fanboy wants to deem these as some kind of failures part of an imaginary crisis. Yes, massive success, I know the truth burns your skin and repels you. How on Earth are you going to sleep at night knowing that NMH shipped over 400k already? And madden lol!

Wow, 400k units sold! Yep, my favorite consoles are going to lose all 3rd-party support, as these numbers are way to good to pass up. I'm going to have a hard time sleeping at night. Damn you, Claude, for breaking my heart and ruining my dreams!

Compared to the 100k that Killer 7 sold, 400k is a lot. And they were partying over it, or did you miss that (or possibly just not want to believe it)?

And can you respond to my comments in the Japan weekly data and Japan Prelim Data please? 

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

Okay, which other currently available Wii games do you want?

Zack & Wiki, No more Heroes, Dragon Ball Z: BT3, Geometry Wars, Metal Slug Antholigy.

All of these are solid games, and I don't really care what the reviews are. Also, keep in mind that this is my second Wii. I had other games that aren't listed in my profile.

@Riot

If those games were really that good and appealing to you, you'd have bought them. Don't tell me you'd have passed on Fatal Frame IV.

Depends... I think the game looks very good, but what if it's controlls are bad? Right now, it's a must buy. However, if the controls are bad, I'm not buying it.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

I would like to see No More Heroes an Zack and Wiki be million sellers but what have Capcom and Ubisoft done to promote them. Compare what was spent to advertise Devil Cry 4 to every Capcom game that is on the Wii. I would bet that one campaign alone more than doubled the ad budget for all their Wii games combined. The same can be said for Ubisoft and Assassins Creed. They were so pleased to release No More Heroes in America they spent maybe 1/20 to promote it. While advertising is not a guaranteed success it certainly won't hurt sales third parties need to do a little more than the bare minimum.

Riot Of The Blood said:
RolStoppable said:

Here's my excuse:

http://www.vgchartz.com/profiles/mygames.php?id=16907

According to yourself (or your previous account if you so will) these are actually all the Wii games you own (besides Wii Sports), because the rest isn't worth your time and money. First party games and Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition, arguably the best 3rd party game for the Wii so far and deserving to be a million seller might I add.

I am aware that your overall games collection is incomplete (for instance a lot of your supposed ~30 PS3 games are missing), but I have never seen you stating that you did buy more games for your Wii than these five listed in your profile.

O NOEZ LOW BUDGET GAEM DIDN'T SELL 4 BAJILLION COPIES EVEN THOUGH IT WUZ MASSIVE SUCCES AND DEVLOPRSR CELRBATING WII DOOOOMED I TELL YOU WII DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!111ONE

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Wow you guys all posted within 3 seconds. I refreshed the page and I thought the thread had doubled.

And Riot, I need you in the Japan Weekly Data and Prelim Data.

And you also didn't really answer how those games, which comparable games never sold even a million on the PS2, could possibly hope to sell a million on the Wii. There are going to be lots of games that don't sell a million, and are still considered a success (financially at least).

For instance, the PS2. Had 205 million sellers (according to this site) out of a total of 2100 games (according to this site), meaning only 9% of PS2 games had the "honor" of being million sellers, and maybe some of those 205 games didn't deserve to be million sellers (possibly like Carnival Games), and maybe some of those that didn't sell a million deserved to (like Okami). It's just like Gandalf from Lord of the Ring says "Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Riot of the Blood?" Lord of the Rings references FTW!

Riot Of The Blood said:
RolStoppable said:

Okay, which other currently available Wii games do you want?

Zack & Wiki, No more Heroes, Dragon Ball Z: BT3, Geometry Wars, Metal Slug Antholigy.

All of these are solid games, and I don't really care what the reviews are. Also, keep in mind that this is my second Wii. I had other games that aren't listed in my profile.

Suda: "I'm celebrating because my game just sold a-frikkin-lot (without your help), so what are YOU whining about, fanboy?"

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"