By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wiiu in trouble with no third party support

No Wii U Tetris Ultimate from Ubisoft. It is dUUmed!!!

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

Wii U might have shown a ton of first party games and excited Nintendo fans. But at the end of the day, they do need third party support to attract more gamers; to show them that Nintendo has what Sony and MS have, plus some unique exclusives. I don't know the specifics of the company's financial situation, but I'm certain that they need to move more consoles. With the E3 announcements they were preaching at the choir, but they need more followers.

Bu. But.. Link is do-able

Samus Aran said:
mjo011 said:
The Wii U is my main console, but in this situation the Wii U is only going to be the main console for Nintendo fans like me. While everyone else will get a PS4 or an Xbone first, many of them will hopefully realize that the Wii U has a lot more to offer as a secondary console than the other one. PS4 and Xbone are pretty similar in terms of both games and power.

It's sad to see Nintendo's third party support disappear completely. It's far worse now than it's been ever before.
- N64: Almost no support from Japanese companies at all, but it was heavily supported by American companies EA, LucasArts, Midway, Acclaim and THQ. It had quite a few high profile exclusive games (obviously not in comparison to the PSOne).
- GC: It got a lot of multiplatform games as all competing platforms were pretty equal in power. Japanese publishers Capcom, Square Enix and Namco supported it. Fewer exclusive games than the N64 though and no GTA.
- Wii: That thing got a LOT of third party support, most of it was sadly shovelware, casual games and watered down ports. There was some quality in there as well, but most of those games were too niche to sell even remotely close to the AAA third party games the HD twins received.

In addition to a great lineup of indie titles, I can see the Wii U only getting child friendly games like Skylanders, Infinity and Sonic and casual games like Just Dance. Bandai Namco, Tecmo Koei and Platinum games will probably stay loyal to Nintendo no matter what, but unless the Wii U maintains it's current momentum other publishers will stay away for good.

I think you're underestimating the amount of people that have a decent PC and Wii U. Best combination IMO. 

might you be underestimating the amount of people buying and interested in PS4 and or xone?

sethnintendo said:
PattonFiend said:

Half baked? I don't know. NFS:MWU is pretty f'ng gorgeous for what it is...

That was the only EA published game that wasn't half assed (thanks to Criterion which EA successfully rewarded them with layoffs).  Madden, FIFA, ME3 (should have been trilogy), and whatever else they released were all half assed on the Wii U.  Perhaps people just ignored NFS after being shitted on for so long by EA.

or maybe the port was too late and the fanbase for that game was not on WIi U

Around the Network
drake_tolu said:
CoD AW and Project Cars???

COD Advanced Warfare will also come to PS3 and X360.

Project CARS is the only exception I know (there may be more though). And it's because it was originally thought for PS3 and X360 but, due to the delay, it got redefined for PS4 and XOne. But the key word here is "exception". This word means, despite dozens or hundreds of cases that follow a certain rule, there will be some (few) that won't follow it. And the rule is: skipping 7th gen consoles means skipping the Wii U too.

Prediction made in 14/01/2014 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 100M      XOne: 70M      WiiU: 25M

Prediction made in 01/04/2016 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 100M      XOne: 50M      WiiU: 18M

Prediction made in 15/04/2017 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 90M      XOne: 40M      WiiU: 15M      Switch: 20M

Prediction made in 24/03/2018 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 110M      XOne: 50M      WiiU: 14M      Switch: 65M

vextrex said:
I just dont care about 3rd party on wiiu, i use my wii u only for exclusive game anyway, and pc for the rest

Basically how I do it to make sure i have the best experience on all the games I play

Samus Aran said:

Zelda looks graphically better than anything you showed on PS3. I dare even say it looks better than a lot of XBONE or PS4 games. It has a great artstyle, something you can't say of GT5 or even that trailer from the Last Guardian which didn't look remotely special to me. 

SubiyaCryolite has pretty much said everything regarding this comment of yours.

Art is a different matter. You very well know that I said "a piece of 7th gen tech". "Tech" means technology, which is different from art.

Prediction made in 14/01/2014 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 100M      XOne: 70M      WiiU: 25M

Prediction made in 01/04/2016 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 100M      XOne: 50M      WiiU: 18M

Prediction made in 15/04/2017 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 90M      XOne: 40M      WiiU: 15M      Switch: 20M

Prediction made in 24/03/2018 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 110M      XOne: 50M      WiiU: 14M      Switch: 65M

Zod95 said:
Samus Aran said:

Zelda looks graphically better than anything you showed on PS3. I dare even say it looks better than a lot of XBONE or PS4 games. It has a great artstyle, something you can't say of GT5 or even that trailer from the Last Guardian which didn't look remotely special to me. 

SubiyaCryolite has pretty much said everything regarding this comment of yours.

Art is a different matter. You very well know that I said "a piece of 7th gen tech". "Tech" means technology, which is different from art.

All the games you showed looked mediocre and bland. Zelda looks better. A lot better. You need the technology to make your artstyle come alive, otherwise you end up with Skyward Sword. I guess you people just look at the character models and scream "OH MY GOD, not realistic!". 

To me Destiny also looks like a piece of 7th gen tech, but you don't see me constantly spouting that around lol. Am I really to believe that game has a budget of €500 million? What a waste of money, 80% of the budget probably went into marketing lol. 

Samus Aran said:

I'm not playing games for any of that bullshit you just mentioned. I go by looks alone, and Zelda obliterated pretty much any game shown on PS4. Oh wait, there wasn't a single PS4 game shown that didn't run on a high end PC. Definitely not Arkham Knight at least. Is Zelda U better technically? How could it be? It's on a weaker console. Yet it still can hold its own easily thanks to the great artstyle, attention of detail and polish Nintendo put in this title. 

Have fun playing One Piece Unlimited World Red, think all you want how it looks just as great, but me and many others will have a lot more fun with Zelda U. 

I'll buy TW3, on pc. The superior version. And yes, it looks great, but not every game has to be super realistic. 

You're making a lot of assumptions on a very short ingame gameplay vid.

edit: just looked at a One Piece trailer. LMAO, you're full of it if you think that game looks remotely close to Zelda U. 

One Piece will be on Wii U as well

Click HERE and be happy