By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wiiu in trouble with no third party support

Isn't Project CARS coming out?

Around the Network

Fuck third parties.

Nintendo didn't need them to create the Wii, and they won't need them to make another success.

They just haven't realized yet that they have to invest in more developers of their own.

I LOVE ICELAND!

E3 was fantastic but I don't expect sales trends to change. Console only gamer's (with no PC) will still focus on the competition because of 3rd party games.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Nintendo have only ever seen half-assed third party support for their consoles basically since the N64. This is nothing new, and it's not as big a problem for them as people seem to think. Look at the Wii: aside from a couple of Just Dance and Guitar Hero games, nearly every best-seller on the console was Nintendo-published.

That doesn't mean I wouldn't welcome some more third-party titles, though, but I'd prefer them to be games that are uniquely suited to the console, like ZombiU or Rayman Legends or Boom Blox were.

I just dont care about 3rd party on wiiu, i use my wii u only for exclusive game anyway, and pc for the rest

Around the Network

You forgot Platinum

Duh, I've told this to you guys a thousand times before. Third parties sales come from 60-70 of the general gaming installed base (outside of the wii). The Wii was a generation which does not get repeated because the installed base wasnt composed of a stable installed base. The real Nintendo fans will buy the Wii just like they bought the N64 and the Gamecube. It is as simple as that.

KungKras said:
Fuck third parties.

Nintendo didn't need them to create the Wii, and they won't need them to make another success.

They just haven't realized yet that they have to invest in more developers of their own.

Dude....Ubisoft had been saying since 2011 that there would need to be specific specs for next gen consoles. Nintendo ignored the writing on the wall three years ago. Nintendo could've had third parties but they were too ignorant to care in the process of developing their console. By the time their console was ready to come out they contacted devs, but the gen was already over. It was too little too late. Thats what happens when you're creative but cut yourself off from the rest of the world. Its blissful ignorance and Nintendo is known to be one of the most ignorant companies in the industry.

vextrex said:
I just dont care about 3rd party on wiiu, i use my wii u only for exclusive game anyway, and pc for the rest

I also have a PC and WiiU, you shouldnt forget that a lot of people arent interested in PC gaming. For those people can you imagine how difficult it would be to game soley on a Wii U? The WiiU is a companion console, very few people will own one and nothing else. If Nintendo isnt interested in that market then good for them, it doesnt make sense from my perspective but they seem to actively avoid it.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

I didn't see the E3 digital event thing, what third-party games did Nintendo show off there?