By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I'm starting to fear that The Order 1886 is going to be the PS4s Ryse

Tagged games:

My hype for the game is pretty low. I love the setting, the style, the way that werewolf looked and some of the guns look cool like that lightning one.

But the gameplay looks generic. They've only really shown two sections of gameplay so far and on both occasions control was taken away from the player very quickly.

Hopefully it's just a case of poor marketing so far, and when extended gameplay is shown and/or websites and magazines get some hands-on time with the game we will get to hear more

Around the Network

No david cage game will be PS4 ryse. jk/

but yeah after E3 gameplay i'm afraid too.

I love the setting and the game looks beautiful, but I just can't seem to get myself excited for it. Also, it's releasing 4 days before The Witcher 3, which only looks better with each viewing.

A lot of journalists said they were impressed by the game. So let's wait.
Ready at Dawn also said the game will have a lot of level diversity.

So, as for now, I love the background of the game, the graphics are stunning, the weapons are interesting, and the ambiance looks really good.
If they can manage to write a really good story and great characters, it could turn out to be good (that was Ryse's main flaw imo: the story and characters. Also, QTEs for EACH GUY YOU FIGHT).

But I must say I was disappointed by the trailer they showed at Sony's conference, even though the gameplay they showed is much better.

I'm still interested, but I'll certainly not pre-order it.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

No, the premise and setting is already amazing. A horroresque TPS set in the victorian era with a little steampunk. Whats not to like? lol

Around the Network

Impressions have been good, RAD are great devs, plus SSM is helping out. No need to worry, and certsinly not comparable to Ryse

Stolen from GAF:

DerNebel said:

So if you read some of my posts then you might know that I really want this game to be good and to succeed, I love setting, atmosphere and of course graphics of the game, but I just can't ignore how the gameplay demoes and previews for the game just have not been very good.

What we've seen/heard from critics about the game until now can mostly be summarized to:

Great graphics

Linear and dull gameplay

And this very heavily reminds me of Ryse, even the fact that many PS fans (including me very often) are defending the game, is very comparable to Ryse and the Xbox fans.

I still of course hope that there is going to come the one demo that changes everyones mind and that the final game turns out good but right now I'm afraid that won't be the case.

Opinions?

No where close to Ryse.  It looks linear to be sure, but it is actually a game.  I mean it was basically impossible to fail in Ryse and the story was dull as hell.

wary-wallaroo said:
Impressions have been good, RAD are great devs, plus SSM is helping out. No need to worry, and certsinly not comparable to Ryse

+1.  I will say though that sooner they show off these previosly mentioned "Opened Areas," the better...

RolStoppable said:
Sounds plausible and it makes me happy to see that Sony has moved on to copy Microsoft games instead of Nintendo games.

Was pretty much the opposite. Microsoft tried to copy Sony with a “cinematic“ experience. That's Sony's strategy with many games and since it was at least for some games a big success, they wanted the same but they forgot that Crytek may be not the company to get that right since gameplay should be still at least decent... @op: Yeah, I love the idea of the setting but I find the gameplay stuff I saw super boring. Graphics are great but the linearity is obviously also a reason why they reach this kind of graphics and I would rather like to have the same setting with worse graphics but less scripted gameplay. I think it will get much better reviews than Ryse but it doesn't look like the kind of gameplay I like.