By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I'm starting to fear that The Order 1886 is going to be the PS4s Ryse

Tagged games:

LiquorandGunFun said:
DerNebel said:

Calm down buddy. I don't want it to be open world, I just want it to be good, if it turns out like an Uncharted game then that'd be great. You know give is some more open areas with enemies than can be approached in different ways, what we've seen up till now was just extremely linear and scripted.

I am calm btw,your already worrying about something that is over 6 months away and your already getting ready to shit on it. Peeps that are acutally at e3 are having good things to say about it. so relax OP no need to doom and gloom already. 

Im not your buddy, guy... (south park reference)

I'm free to worry about stuff whenever I please, people worried about Ryse since it's X1 reveal and that worry turned out very much justified. And I'm not trying to shit on the game, have you read my OP? I really, really want this game to be good, I can point you to posts of mine in this forum where I even said that I might buy a PS4 for this, I'd like this to become a big new and of course great franchise for the PS4, but that doesn't mean that I can't point it out when I think something's flawed.

The way the game has been presented by RAD has imo been very poor up till now (aside from the story trailers/teaser) and if this is the best thing they can show us to get us excited for the game, then I feel should have the right to worry. I'll happily take a great gameplay demo for the game, if I get one and if the game does in fact turn out great (like 90+ Meta) then I will still probably get a PS4 for it, but right now I will reserve my right to be skeptical.

Around the Network

No, looks like a Uncharted/The Last of Us mix to me, I'm getting it.

Ryse is a great game AND a visual masterpiece, so it wouldn't really be bad is The Order followed it :).

jlmurph2 said:
Fusioncode said:
walsufnir said:
Stolen from GAF:

So please explain to me what's so bad about The Order's gameplay. 

If you read this impression:

Anyway, I'll only talk about the gun as the level I was playing was still pretty brief (I heard it took people 15mins to beat it even though it took me like 3 minutes). The gun was pretty damn cool. So you go and try to shoot the enemies, but it doesn't kill them. What the gun is supposed to be is like a molotov cocktail rifle. It fires rounds that creates a phosphorous cloud, and then you shoot a secondary fire to ignite it. So I spray the general area of the enemy, ignite it, then I continue shooting to make sure they completely burn to death.

It sounds like they're doing some pretty interesting stuff. 

Shouldn't you be asking the OP that question since it clearly states:

"What we've seen/heard from critics about the game until now can mostly be summarized to:

Great graphics

Linear and dull gameplay"

I already posted the impressions for the OP earlier. Now I'm asking walsufnir specifically to explain to me what his problem with the game was. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:

I already posted the impressions for the OP earlier. Now I'm asking walsufnir specifically to explain to me what his problem with the game was. 

its just on playstation. 

Around the Network

The Order will either be a hit or a miss, I need final reviews for this one. I wasn't fond of how game-play kept on being interrupted by cinematic's during the conference demo. Felt like those QTE sequences in Tomb Raider but stretched too far.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

bananaking21 said:
Fusioncode said:

its just on playstation. 

probably ^^    last of us gameplay is lot better then dinasty warrior or even gow one for me, so here already you have a better game then ryse.

As long as story is interesting, im happy to play games with great graphics. It's a nice addition to have cinematic games aswell along with open world ones. I still don't have an Xone but i intent to play Ryse 100% this holiday when i get it

Fusioncode said:

I wouldn't worry too much. It's been getting a lot of positive gameplay impressions in the Gaf thread. It even managed to win a Best of E3 award from Polygon of all places. 

Here's one of the impressions from the thread:

Do showfloor impressions go here?

The game is definitely pretty cool. The shooting is solid, although the part I played isn't traditional shooting, as I will further divulge.

First, the showfloor demo is the same as that short video they shown a couple weeks back. I even asked them why did they show such a short video, and the guy said they were told to have that sort of length even thought they had way more to show.

Anyway, I'll only talk about the gun as the level I was playing was still pretty brief (I heard it took people 15mins to beat it even though it took me like 3 minutes). The gun was pretty damn cool. So you go and try to shoot the enemies, but it doesn't kill them. What the gun is supposed to be is like a molotov cocktail rifle. It fires rounds that creates a phosphorous cloud, and then you shoot a secondary fire to ignite it. So I spray the general area of the enemy, ignite it, then I continue shooting to make sure they completely burn to death.

I think what's drawing me into this game is all the fancy tech that seems futuristic, yet is Victorian style.

Well, that gives me a little more hope. I'm of course keeping an open mind and the guns definitely look cool, but the game has to also give you real challenges for the guns, not just the shooting galleries we've seen until now.

I've always thought it would be received badly. A lot of people were hyping it as being the next Uncharted before we knew enough about it. I don't expect it to be ryse level of bad (in terms of reviews) but I'd be surprised if it scored more than 80 on metacritic. And obviously I hope I'm proven wrong and it turns out good.