By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I'm starting to fear that The Order 1886 is going to be the PS4s Ryse

Tagged games:

It looks horrible so far, generic third person shooter, QTE up the ass, "cinematic" experience bullshit, interesting setting but everything is dull gameplay wise.

Around the Network

Ugh, agreed.

What games have the developers made before?

brendude13 said:
Ugh, agreed.

Daxter for PSP, GOW: Chains of Olympus for PSP and GOW: Ghost of Sparta for PSP. They also ported Okami for the Wii and the GOW collection II for the PS3. All games have a metacritic score of 84+. This is their first full fledged console game but their track record is pretty great

brendude13 said:
Ugh, agreed.

The PSP GoW games and Daxter, which were good. The lowest score they've gotten on Metacritic is 85 with Daxter, so they have the pedigree.

Still not sure about The Order though.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

There was an interview with one of the guys who was saying that he to was bored with standard third person shooters gameplay, i've looked for it but it basically boiled down to they want to use a story and constantly changing senario's to keep things interesting, lead you along as it were, apparently there will be horror sections and open sections aswell as what we've seen. And before you go 'source?' I looked okay but it was definately from someone at ready at dawn. Hopefully the constant cutting to cut scenes isn't in every party of the game, but that is always what they show in early reveals.

Buying order: Switch, better pc

Around the Network

I agree everything I've seen it looks good graphicly but kind of boring gameplay wise. Could just be that they suck at adv the game

I think it looks great. Can't wait to give it a try. Love the setting and the atmosphere.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Awesome. I love threads like this. We've seen, what, maybe 10 minutes of the game at most? And that almost all cut-scene hype teasers intended to set up the story? Yet, somehow, people know all about how the game will play. It's hard not to be amused.

bananaking21 said:
Fusioncode said:

I already posted the impressions for the OP earlier. Now I'm asking walsufnir specifically to explain to me what his problem with the game was. 

its just on playstation. 

No offense but i believe you and others are defending it just because it is only on playstation, so it goes both ways..  Really i dont feel anybody here has much of a right to judge it whether it is good or bad since we've seen like 30 seconds of the game and not played it ourselves.  But the whole agendas stuff needs to stop.    

pokoko said:
Awesome. I love threads like this. We've seen, what, maybe 10 minutes of the game at most? And that almost all cut-scene hype teasers intended to set up the story? Yet, somehow, people know all about how the game will play. It's hard not to be amused.

We don't know how the final game will turn out, but we still have every right to judge the footage that RAD has provided to this point, if they want people to see that it's actually not all like that then they need to show it.