By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Uncharted 4 gonna be the best looking game of all time upon release? READ OP!

Is Uncharted 4 gonna be the best looking game of all time upon release? READ OP!

Yes 107 65.24%

No 35 21.34%

Maybe 17 10.37%

Total:159

It could be. ND has an amazing dev staff.

Around the Network

What happened to that eurogamer article, did they pull it? I wanted to read that...

Best looking console game for sure.

of all time?
Nope, Modded skyrim holds that title.

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

VXIII said:
It is definitely going to be up there among the best ever, PC included. High end PC still has the advantage of higher resolution and fps. Kind of crazy, knowing that the PS4 is " just a mid-range PC ", at least that is what PC enthusiastic keep saying.

I love how many people got defensive without really providing any example of better in-engine graphics ^^

Just be aware that cut-scenes rendered using the engine are ALWAYS going to look better than actual gameplay.

There is far less to be rendered in a cut-scene, so the textures can be upped quite a bit.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

deadeyye said:
Do you guys realize that ingame cutscene, even in realtime, has significantly more detailed graphics than normal gameplay? On Last of Us cutscene realtime models were much more detailed, and wasn't used during gameplay. Actually it took ps4 to use those ultra-detailed models in real gameplay. This is likely here - because during cutscene they know exactly what they need to render, they can put full power to just Drake's face and few trees.

I still think this will be best looking game when it comes out :)

This exactly.

They can pick and choose what to render in more detail, making in-game cutscenes look significantly better than actual gameplay

Around the Network
Cleary397 said:
deadeyye said:
Do you guys realize that ingame cutscene, even in realtime, has significantly more detailed graphics than normal gameplay? On Last of Us cutscene realtime models were much more detailed, and wasn't used during gameplay. Actually it took ps4 to use those ultra-detailed models in real gameplay. This is likely here - because during cutscene they know exactly what they need to render, they can put full power to just Drake's face and few trees.

I still think this will be best looking game when it comes out :)

This exactly.

They can pick and choose what to render in more detail, making in-game cutscenes look significantly better than actual gameplay

Except if you read OP you'd understand that Naughty Dog no longer uses pre-rendered cutscenes. Everything is real time. Ubisoft animation dev confirmed it as well as Eurogamer. But hey, who reads OP nowadays. Show me a pic of missed Skyrim that looks better? Don't worry I'll wait. 

Cleary397 said:
VXIII said:
It is definitely going to be up there among the best ever, PC included. High end PC still has the advantage of higher resolution and fps. Kind of crazy, knowing that the PS4 is " just a mid-range PC ", at least that is what PC enthusiastic keep saying.

I love how many people got defensive without really providing any example of better in-engine graphics ^^

Just be aware that cut-scenes rendered using the engine are ALWAYS going to look better than actual gameplay.

There is far less to be rendered in a cut-scene, so the textures can be upped quite a bit.

I'm aware of that. Uncharted 2 & 3 used the same technique for cut-scenes and they looked better than the gameplay but it was not a huge difference.

Cut-scene :

Gameplay :

Intrinsic said:
Carl2291 said:
The Witcher 3 on PC will probably hold that title.

I disagree, we have seen the witcher... and it didnt generate the kinda disbelief that this trailer has. 

I don't think its about power anymore, of course if naughty dog were making this game for the PC it could look better. I think its about art and talent. Everyone is using polygons and a glut of effects and post processing to render their games. Some are simply just better at doing it than others. There is a point that a game or an image gets to that if you looked at it, looked hard and long, and it runs perfectly, no frame hickups or aliasing issues; you simply would not be able to point out one thing that you feel should or could have been done better. I think thats where naughty dog is at, will games look beter  of coure, but its just beyond what anyone can imagine right now.... till of course someone does it.

The main differences being we have gameplay for TW3, which still looks phenomenal... And it does it in a gigantic open world.

I have no doubt at all that Naughty Dog will bring the goods in 2015, but right now with only a cutscene to go on Im edging towards TW3. It simply has more going for it.

Uncharted 4 will very likely be the best thing on consoles at least.

I don't care how good a clunky cover shooter looks.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Dark_Feanor said:
When they show any real game play we can start talking...

Or do you guys remember this "in-engine" game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLGxubfC1Ik

thats how the games looks, Have you played the game?