By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Uncharted 4 gonna be the best looking game of all time upon release? READ OP!

Is Uncharted 4 gonna be the best looking game of all time upon release? READ OP!

Yes 107 65.24%

No 35 21.34%

Maybe 17 10.37%

Total:159

I think it will..

But i don't think it will sell best.. have the best game play.. probely most hardcore Uncharted fans will bye.

They have to let the franchise rest for some years, and come with som true value and new iddeas, instead of just graphic.

Around the Network

PCs exist y'know. With the mods people make, GTA V PC may end up looking better than Uncharted V

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Now there's not aNy PC game that looks as good.

However, this was said about killzone too, and that wasn't the case.
And it's still in development. And there's other games to be released on both platforms.

It's impressive regardless.

Not sure about the backgrounds, but the face is probably the most realistic of any game I've seen.

My 8th gen collection

fighter said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Ding ding ding! You win the thread.

Idk why people give Naughty Dog a pass in the bullshots category, especially when in the case of their last 3 games (Uncharted 2/3, LoU) they have shown trailers and gameplay pre-release billed as "in engine on Playstation 3" and then when the games are out it turns out the games are not only downgraded, but the only times they ever approach the level of graphic fidelity they showcased, is during unplayable cut scenes.

I have no doubt U4 will be a great looking game but of course what do they show off first? An unplayable cut scene.

That's not even getting into the fact that their games thus far on PS3 have been able to look as good as they have because they are heavily scripted, corridor games. They are Sony's version of Gears of War. To me personally titles like GTA V or Just Cause 2 were much more impressive because they looked gorgeous while also being much more open creatively to not only the designed but the gamer as well. In their past games you saw exactly what ND wanted you to see.

In short, no. PC will always be superior.

This

Unchated 2 looked better.

The gameplay segments of TLOU or UC3 were never downgraded.

This is the go to pic for downgrades in UC3, unfortunately it's a fucking cutscene. Wow, they downgraded a pre-rendered cutscene, gameplay has never been downgraded however and they're saying this is gameplay. Also the comparison pic is rigged to make the second look like shit and pixelated and low res. UC2 got a boost and that's a fact, while UC3 and TLOU got no gameplay downgrades, the trailer footage mixed cut-scenes in with gameplay.

Around the Network

I believe them when they say its in game footage, yes the engine rendering a cutscene. Those who are drolling over the graphics and claiming it to be the next coming probably should bookmark this tread for later. So when the game finally comes out and they see how the graphics look nothing like it did at e3, then maybe they will learn how not to be so dense.

Happens all the time. As a rule, one should stay objective and practical. That is to say if you believe a console which consists of a low end jaguar core and Radeon 7xxx series gpu will magically pump out cg movie quality visuals then you probably need a reality check. It doesn't matter if the system has low level access to the hardware, that doesn't magically make mediocre hardware good. 

Realistically, expect U4 to run at 1080p/60fps with similar visuals to the ps3 games with a bit higher texture resolution and better lighting.

For the doubters let me put it to you like this.

After seeing this run on a ps3

would you ever imagine the same machine capable of pulling this off?

Of course not. Dev tools mature and devs who're known for graphics come out to play.

Daisuke72 said:

Of course not. Dev tools mature and devs who're known for graphics come out to play.

The doubters are the more reasonable people.

Ramadear said:
Daisuke72 said:

The doubters are the more reasonable people.

The whole 7XXX series gpu can't do that is illogical. Naughty Dog has ICE team in their building, new rendering techniques, they made Uncharted games on less than 400MB of vram+game ram combined. They have more than ten times the amount of RAM for UC4, ten times more raw compute power, more features, GPGPU, and etc. UC4 looking like UC3 in 1080P 60FPS with better lighting is nonsense and an insult to the studio.

We'll see next year. But I'm done replying to you, you seem like an alt.

Daisuke72 said:

Who wouldn't expect graphics to improve over time?

Also, what you are basically confirming with these pics is that already superior PC graphics will be even more superior by the time U4 launches?