By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Lair vs Killzone 2

Starcraft, you have to understand that people have already played killzone 2, no one actually played Lair until its release.

According to the gameinformer guys, they stated that the game was good enough to be called AAA(atleast the demo was). Read it on that issue, they did play the game.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

Around the Network

I think Sony will force them to release it this year, whatever stage of development the game is at.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

wow, I'd love to see the look on your face when your proven wrong! lol I can picture it already.

I'm back...

Should it happen, there will be no look, as I said this is all speculation. But people did get to play Lair prior to the gaming world fully realizing the game's mediocrity, and it's final month or two prior to release saw similar behavior from Sony to what we see now with relation to K2.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Let's just say that the safer bet is that KZ2 will be a high-tech game with little substance. It's possible it won't be that way, but I certainly wouldn't bet on it.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
NJ5 said:

Let's just say that the safer bet is that KZ2 will be a high-tech game with little substance. It's possible it won't be that way, but I certainly wouldn't bet on it.

and it's also possible it will blow anybody away and be the next Gears.

It's absolutely silly to compare it to Lair, there's infact, NOTHING alike between them.

It's like comparing Alan Wake to Vampire Rain.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:
NJ5 said:

(...)

Sure, it's possible, but I was predicting from the perspective of the developer's track record, and the kind of hype around this game (which is much more about graphics than gameplay).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

starcraft said:
Should it happen, there will be no look, as I said this is all speculation. But people did get to play Lair prior to the gaming world fully realizing the game's mediocrity, and it's final month or two prior to release saw similar behavior from Sony to what we see now with relation to K2.

Most people don't expect K2 to come out until later this year, so they are not concentrating on it now

NJ5 said:
kingofwale said:
NJ5 said:

(...)

Sure, it's possible, but I was predicting from the perspective of the developer's track record, and the kind of hype around this game (which is much more about graphics than gameplay).
We have not played the game, and gaming sites have only played it once, and they said it was quite good

More negative news about Sony from you i see starcraft...