By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Lair vs Killzone 2

Well bring that KZ 1 was better than Lair and ended with a 7.3 average.

Being that most of KZ's problems were technical, KZ 2 looks to be much better.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Thread sounds familiar like the one on Gt, "what if kz2 pulled a lair". both lame but everyone's entitled to an opinion for my generic comment of the day.

I don't think there would be any major ramifications for Sony if KZ2 did turn out to be mediocre (other than 60 mil down the toilet), as I still think that Resistance 2, whilst remaining only slightly above average like it's predecessor, will be the best exclusive shooter on the PS3 up till it's release date.

I was not talking about consequences for the console war, just the fact that their are similarities between the current KZ2 silence and the one preceding Lair's release.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:

I fully anticipated hearing a lot about Killzone 2 from Sony at GDC.

That right there is all you really need to know. GDC isn't E3, it isn't for announcing and hyping games.  It is a conference for game developers to come together and talk about what they are doing in games that is new, what new technology they are using to try and make games better, faster, for cheaper.  The Katamari games were first shown at GDC as something that was just being screwed around with and people loved and it turned into a nice little franchise.  The fact that Microsoft felt the need to announce GeoW2 showed more to me than Nintendo and Sony showing virutally nothing.  If KZ2 is meant to come out this year, expect news at a Sony gaming get together or E3 that are meant to hype games and not a conference.

Why has Guerilla Games (GG, NOT Sony) been so quiet about Killzone 2?

Here's what E0N, a GG dev, said on the PlayStation.com forums:

Guerrilla got its fingers badly burned by the hype machine - since Killzone BOTH of the games we've worked on have had a very quiet press presence except at defined milestones.

(last post in this thread)

In response to the question about the reason for the lack of hype regarding Killzone 2 at present:

I believe it is to allow us to keep control over what is debated in the public arena. It means we spend less time coming up with materials to keep people constantly interested for the duration of development and more coming up with gameplay to keep them interested AFTER release.

(first post on this page of the "Ask the Devs" thread)

Around the Network

bump

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

lol, bump.

For those that will be seeing this thread for the first time, make sure you read the part of my OP that states this is entirely speculative. At the same time, I believe there is a strong chance I am right about Killzone 2.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Jeez, I remember this thread. I was such a tool back then.

well after reading all of the links.. i can deduct that a few of those articles are written as surfer girl as the source... she has been right sometimes but wrong alot of times too.... as for sony not mentioning killzone.. why do they need to talk about it?? they showed it off privately last year at E3.. then it had its own private event about 2 to 3 weeks later... Lair never got that treatment..... Even more proof is in the fact that today killzone.com integrated PSN accounts with the site which means that the beta is probabaly coming over the summer
Starcraft i will point you to one of the links you posted... even he said that killzone liberation gampelay was a step up from the original killzone.. sony doesnt have to talk about a game that they talked about all last year..

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

we didn't hear anything for like two year or something and then they showed it last it year and everyone said the game was pretty good so as you can see just because they don't talk about it doesn't mean that its not good they are just trying to make the game better